Do you see Conor Benn being champ soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan_cov
    replied
    With how many belts there are and the amount that get vacated and such it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think he is world level or much good or particularly talented in all honesty but with how carefully he is handled I think he'll have a much better career than he really should be having.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by RENE JUNIOR View Post

Hahaha!!
    Why not man?? LOL
    He's a world level fighter, he's not a domestic level guy like some of the British are saying. The thing is his ring IQ, he just doesn't really make adjustments. The current champs are too good for him and the up and comers like Boots and Ortiz are always going to be better than him.

I could see him become a top ten guy at some point which isn't all that bad.
    RENE JUNIOR RENE JUNIOR likes this.

Leave a comment:

• RENE JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    Well he’s fighting Jaron Boots Ennis in a few months, so I say he!! no. I’m just trolling around
    Hahaha,
    Ennis in a few months?? Yeah right!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Well he’s fighting Jaron Boots Ennis in a few months, so I say he!! no. I’m just trolling around

Leave a comment:

• RENE JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

You’re a fanboy and judge fighters based off your opinions of them as people as much as their skills in the ring.

I don’t think Benn will win a world title but to call him domestic level at best is nonsense. In his last 3 fights he’s beaten Granados, Vargas and Formella.

He’s clearly operating at a level higher than domestic.

I agree.
    Benn is at a higher level IMHO definitely.
    I just hope he keeps climbing the ladder competition-wise

Leave a comment:

• Noelanthony
    replied
    He will not I'm afraid. .....

Leave a comment:

• EnglishOxide
    replied
    Benn needs a big win over a fellow prospect or world level fighter in their prime before many hardcore fans believe he can get a title. That's understandable.

I see a workrate and mentality that takes him all the way if they match him right, and I've got no issue with him having a slow burner career considering his lack of amateur fights. He's still learning.

Let him despatch some of Khan/Marku/Aveneysan/Essuman/Broner over the next couple of years and if that goes well there's nowhere else to go but world level which will likely be Prograis/Taylor/Crawford/Boots/Ortiz Jr.
    RENE JUNIOR RENE JUNIOR likes this.

Leave a comment:

• RENE JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post
    The way boxing is right now they tend to give belts away to the named fighters against non championship calibre fighters...can fight for a vacant against a care home employee these days

So yes he will be down on the history books soon and so well deserved is whatii foresee
    You have a point.
    Lara just fought some guy named Cornflake and got a belt for it, pretty lame.

Leave a comment:

• RENE JUNIOR
    replied
    Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Who’s he going to beat to become champion?

Then again crazier things have happened. I never thought Fury would get past British level but he did. Never say never.
    Exactly, which is why I pushed this post topic.
    I mean I think Benn does have the potential to reach the time, don't know when but there is a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• BangEM
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post

Fury was British champion when he was 22, Benn is 24 and has won? Oh yeah, nothing.
    He fought for the title when Pricey dropped the belt. Why did he duck Pricey?

Benn didn’t get battered by a fat can like McDermott at the same level.

Anyway, I don’t think Benn has the talent to beat the top guys and prospects in his division. But so did Fury who was very clumsy and boring. So anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X