Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Inks Pact With Hearn, Wants Devin Haney Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Maxi Hughes is a massive underdog in the lightweight division against any of the ranked champions and contenders in the top 50. Lee Selby is the #1. lightweight in the UK, maybe Eddie Hearn would set-up a local clash of bums

I'm sure there is a great number of contenders in the top 100 lining up to pick-up the IBO from Maxi Hughes, you would get tempting odds with the bookies. Maxi Hughes, is fun to watch, not because hes any good but because hes a overachiever, a fish in a shark tank, with the fanatical UK fanbase.
    That's actually an interesting matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post

Who are his "previous owners"?
      That's what I want to know. Didn't he already have a manager? Does anybody else have papers on him? Like a signed contract?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Just the type of opponent Haney wants, easy and safe.
        Least this guy will fight him rather than drop his belt to avoid him.

just saying……

Comment

Maxi Hughes is a massive underdog in the lightweight division against any of the ranked champions and contenders in the top 50. Lee Selby is the #1. lightweight in the UK, maybe Eddie Hearn would set-up a local clash of bums

I'm sure there is a great number of contenders in the top 100 lining up to pick-up the IBO from Maxi Hughes, you would get tempting odds with the bookies. Maxi Hughes, is fun to watch, not because hes any good but because hes a overachiever, a fish in a shark tank, with the fanatical UK fanbase.
          Solid post. Least Hearn is doing his job and finding opponents for Haney rather than using the media to complain about “being ducked “ and letting him rot like he did Andrade.

At some point Haney has to decide if he is going to stay and possibly waste his career like Crawford on TR, or if he is going to leave and position himself for bigger money fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

He has 1 fan in the USA for all the reasons you just gave. I know he's a dark horse, he's relatively slow, with twig bending power, but he's well schooled. The air is too thin for him at the top
            Maxi Hughes can make for exciting fights against other contenders on his level, like the last time vs. 'Impacto' Jovanni Straffon ; match making is key. Eddie Hearn probably would be likely cashing Maxi out soon, as Maxi is beatable, I think Devin Haney would be a good payday.
            Originally posted by James Hunt View Post

That's actually an interesting matchup.
            And really basic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Solid post. Least Hearn is doing his job and finding opponents for Haney rather than using the media to complain about “being ducked “ and letting him rot like he did Andrade.

At some point Haney has to decide if he is going to stay and possibly waste his career like Crawford on TR, or if he is going to leave and position himself for bigger money fights.
              Thanks. I hope Eddie Hearn can get Rolly Romero in there with Devin, the trash talking on twitter has been very entertaining

Comment

Thanks. I hope Eddie Hearn can get Rolly Romero in there with Devin, the trash talking on twitter has been very entertaining
                He’s gonna wax Rolly but the pre fight would be entertaining.

Comment

Maxi's like a UK Gabe Rosado in terms of appeal.

Nice to see someone call out Haney .. hopefully it's catching and he gets a bigger fish.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    He's fight to fight at the moment and can fight on ESPN or PBC if they offer him the fights, I'm sure if Ryan was offered DAZN would send him over to GBP.

PBC or Top Rank will offer him minimum wages and no guarantee of the fights at the moment he has no fights but big wages and seems happy, if they offer him Davis say go to Fox but Prograis , Eubank all seem to sit on PBC Island with promises of Charlo , Broner then leave empty handed so Haney needs it in writing next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

He's fight to fight at the moment and can fight on ESPN or PBC if they offer him the fights, I'm sure if Ryan was offered DAZN would send him over to GBP.

PBC or Top Rank will offer him minimum wages and no guarantee of the fights at the moment he has no fights but big wages and seems happy, if they offer him Davis say go to Fox but Prograis , Eubank all seem to sit on PBC Island with promises of Charlo , Broner then leave empty handed so Haney needs it in writing next fight.
                      Haney was avoided by Loma. TR isn’t letting any of their top LW’s near him. Tank ain’t fighting no one not with PBC. I don’t think that makes him happy.

Let’s not act like Haney is hiding and trying to avoid everyone.

If you feel he should Have resigned with Hearn, that is a fair point imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X