Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Inks Pact With Hearn, Wants Devin Haney Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Inks Pact With Hearn, Wants Devin Haney Title Showdown

    Newly-crowned IBO lightweight world champion Maxi Hughes has signed a multi-fight promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing. In the form of his life, Yorkshire's Hughes (24-5-2, 5 KOs) upset the odds to outclass Jovanni Straffon over 12 rounds at Emerald Headingley Stadium in Leeds on Saturday to wrestle the IBO 135lbs crown from the heavy-handed Mexican.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    That didn't take long. I hope his previous owners don't start suing and put him on the shelf. Anyway, go Maxi. He has the style and Haney is all style. Between the two, Haney is too fast for him, but not heavy handed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maxi Hughes

      This is a joke, Maxi Hughes is a poor-mans Lee Selby.

      Comment


      • #4
        I cant see any scenario in which he'd beat Haney. Hughes has been looking good though lately & probably does deserve a titleshot. I have no interest in this supposed fight but if he gets the call then so be it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just the type of opponent Haney wants, easy and safe.
          PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Another person calling out Haney, until it’s actually time to sign off for the fight. Hope he doesn’t go quiet like the others. Haney the true boogeyman of the Lightweights.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Maxi Hughes

              This is a joke, Maxi Hughes is a poor-mans Lee Selby.
              Maxi is a great underdog, and I root for the underdogs. Lots of them. Some are just plain dog, but I digress. Lee was the Welsh Mayweather, Maxi stands his ground a little better than that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Corelone View Post

                Maxi is a great underdog, and I root for the underdogs. Lots of them. Some are just plain dog, but I digress. Lee was the Welsh Mayweather, Maxi stands his ground a little better than that.
                Maxi Hughes is a massive underdog in the lightweight division against any of the ranked champions and contenders in the top 50. Lee Selby is the #1. lightweight in the UK, maybe Eddie Hearn would set-up a local clash of bums

                I'm sure there is a great number of contenders in the top 100 lining up to pick-up the IBO from Maxi Hughes, you would get tempting odds with the bookies. Maxi Hughes, is fun to watch, not because hes any good but because hes a overachiever, a fish in a shark tank, with the fanatical UK fanbase.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

                  Maxi Hughes is a massive underdog in the lightweight division against any of the ranked champions and contenders in the top 50. Lee Selby is the #1. lightweight in the UK, maybe Eddie Hearn would set-up a local clash of bums

                  I'm sure there is a great number of contenders in the top 100 lining up to pick-up the IBO from Maxi Hughes, you would get tempting odds with the bookies. Maxi Hughes, is fun to watch, not because hes any good but because hes a overachiever, a fish in a shark tank, with the fanatical UK fanbase.
                  He has 1 fan in the USA for all the reasons you just gave. I know he's a dark horse, he's relatively slow, with twig bending power, but he's well schooled. The air is too thin for him at the top
                  PBR Streetgang and 1hourRun like this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    That didn't take long. I hope his previous owners don't start suing and put him on the shelf. Anyway, go Maxi. He has the style and Haney is all style. Between the two, Haney is too fast for him, but not heavy handed.
                    Who are his "previous owners"?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP