Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Powers Past Adrian Granados To Unanimous Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richie_R View Post

Nah it’s been good…your best are fighting Mexico’s journeymen. I’m kinda happy for the brits because they deserve their day in the sun…even if it is against subpar opposition.
    The Mexicans were cast off as killers before. Now they're "Journeymen"??? Haha. The only clowns celebrating wins over low level fighters, was you desperate weirdos. They weren't even trained properly either. They were the worst they've ever been while your guys were at their best.

I think you should take a look at what level Hughes is. Then you'll realise how stupid you are. He still beat that Mexican for fun. Outclassed and beaten up. Did you see him wobble all over the place? The Mexican must have a chin of glass to be that hurt by a non puncher. But you should be used to seeing Mexicans being used like a punch bag from the worlds fighters. You've seen it often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

The Mexicans were cast off as killers before. Now they're "Journeymen"??? Haha. The only clowns celebrating wins over low level fighters, was you desperate weirdos. They weren't even trained properly either. They were the worst they've ever been while your guys were at their best.

I think you should take a look at what level Hughes is. Then you'll realise how stupid you are. He still beat that Mexican for fun. Outclassed and beaten up. Did you see him wobble all over the place? The Mexican must have a chin of glass to be that hurt by a non puncher. But you should be used to seeing Mexicans being used like a punch bag from the worlds fighters. You've seen it often enough.
      You sound so bitter and hurt lmao

Comment

Originally posted by DFM View Post

Boxing is about hit and not get hit. And I thought Granados did that in those particular rounds.
        Granados was landing a few grazing shots while Benn hit him with a good number of big shots to head and body.

We must have watched a different fight. The fight i saw was Granados running, landing very little, and getting hit with big scoring shots to take the rounds clearly.

Benn does need to work on a few things though. He needs to stop loading up with the back hand and lead with the jab. Keep his punches short, don't wind them up. Hopefully he learned something from this and gets to work on those improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie_R View Post

You sound so bitter and hurt lmao
          You can't dispute anything. Point out what is incorrect?

The only one hurt and hating fighters for no reason without justification, is the likes of you. Nothing you say has any merit. It's just delusional madness. It's the Napoleon complex from being such short arses and getting smacked around all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            A good win by Benn, even though Granados is not a top welterweight. I'd like to see how Benn does against other top contenders like Ennis and Ortiz Jr.
            He would get dismantle

Comment

He doesn't look like he'll beat Ennis or Ortiz right now, but dude comes to fight, definitely like his fighting style

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

You know what you're looking at, I'll respect your observations. I think boots is too sophisticated for Benn. Granados is an old jr welter and stunk out the joint deliberately. Benn didn't have the tools to make an end of it. Ennis has those tools.
                Ennis is the future of the Jr middleweight and probably middleweight divisions, I don’t see him staying at welterweight long. Benn vs Ennis would be great, especially if it were to happen in Blighty. Th crowd and atmosphere would be electric

Comment

That is a good start for him. He needs to show that he can get past guys like Granados. He is not a world beater but if you are going to be someone, you have to get the W over rugged veterans like Granados.
                  super-x super-x likes this.

Comment

Benn gets squared up far too often and loads up putting himself in danger. He has to work on that and make sure he sticks with his jab. If he wants to fight with this style at the top level, he's going to have to have a good, solid jab. Loading up on those right hands is not going to get him anywhere.

Still like his progress from where he was just a few years ago, but he needs to be moved carefully for at least a year or year in a half. I keep seeing Hearn mention Porter but that won't end well for him. Avanesyan in two fights would be good for him. Someone on the broadcast mentioned Kelly but that fight doesn't make sense at the moment.

Comment

Still got lots of learning to do.

I’d like to see him in a couple more fights around this level

Comment

Working...
                      X