Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yamileth Mercado, Her Team Want Action Against Amanda Serrano's Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yamileth Mercado, Her Team Want Action Against Amanda Serrano's Trainer

Yamileth Mercado and her team are calling for action to be taken against the corner of her most recent conqueror. The promoters for the reigning WBC junior featherweight titlist have lodged a formal complaint with the Ohio State Athletic Commission and the Association of Boxing Commissions against Jordan Maldonado, the head trainer/manager/brother-in-law of pound-for-pound star Amanda Serrano. In a letter obtained by BoxingScene.com and first reported by ESPN Deportes' Salvador 'Chava' Rodriguez, Mercado's co-promoters Zanfer Boxing and 2M Box Promotions took issue with the manner in which Maldanado conducted himself in the aftermath of Serrano's victory over Mercado.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn’t watch the fight but a coworker was talking about this guy’s inexplicable behavior, so I guess it was tantamount to public humiliation. Sounds like a real dirt bag.

Comment

That guy was a complete meat head with no class. His momma didn’t teach him how to act. It’s sad that a big goon can act like this and get away with it. He’s an embarrassment to Amanda and should never be allowed to work a corner again. Who does that to a small little female fighter. What a *****!!
      pepzz pepzz Helion Helion like this.

Comment

I'm from Puerto Rico and I felt humiliated by that dirt bag behavior. If anything, he should have commended Mercado,s valor who came up in weight to fight Amanda and she did a pretty good job doing so.

Comment

Glad this guy is unanimously seen as a clown.
          Helion Helion likes this.

Comment

Lol, fck filing a protest, shouldve caught this dude slippin.

Comment

Not sure what will come out of the complaint or if one should've even been filed but that was very immature of Maldonado IMO. I'm Puerto Rican yet that was uncalled for and unprofessional. Sure, this is boxing, this is war, etc. but let the boxers do their thing. Serrano was already beating her soundly and even after the fight, he continued. Unnecessary and looked like he was trying to shift the focus to himself vs celebrating his fighter's dominant performance. Humility goes a long way in EVERY sport.
              Mercado never quit and kept trying to box but what was she supposed to do against someone as good as Serrano? She took some good shots and fired back as much as she could so kuddos to her.

Comment

He is such a goof and should be banned from the sport all together. I’m surprised the WBC are allowing this disgraceful behaviour

Comment

As a Puerto Rican, I was embarrassed by Maldonado's disgraceful behavior. He is a no class sleazeball and a f-ing bully. I would love to see somebody humble his ass and punch his teeth out!
                  eco1 eco1 Helion Helion like this.

Comment

Every interview i've ever seen him in he never lets Amanda talk , he's an attention seeker .
                    Helion Helion likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X