Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Bivol Staying Quiet, I'd Absolutely Destroy Joshua Buatsi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Bivol Staying Quiet, I'd Absolutely Destroy Joshua Buatsi

Undefeated Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez (42-0, 28 KOs) feels he'll get his first world light heavyweight title shot because he believes in himself, his promoter Golden Boy Promotions, and his Mexican heritage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A lot of these top guys will be looking at Buatsi as an easy payday.

Comment

Talk your sh.it!!!
      Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

The fight hasn't happened yet because Zurdo is being saved as a future Canelo opponent just like anyone else with any name-recognition at all around 175. Bivol it seems is playing his role keeping out of the limelight, taking a backseat, and doing nothing as well, because he is not marketable. He is making room for more marketable guys, rather than pushing forward in the self-interest of his own career.

Boxing has become like communism. They pretend to dislike each other, "so and so is ducking me," when really, they all seem to work in unison. Can you imagine the $ that would have been lost to Boxing had just one guy knocked Mayweather out 10 years ago? Or had GGG stopped Canelo twice? But it never seems to happen like that. Time and time again, things always go according to plan. Not just the judging, but the fights that get made, and then the way that the fighters fight within those fights. Really the only time things didn't work out that I can recall in recent memory was, ironically, Pacquiao-Ugas, but I mean, Pacquiao is 42 years old. Interest has waned. They had to cash him out for good sometime, and what better way to cash him out than to have him lose to a replacement opponent everyone bet against? They probably made more money off people betting Pacquiao to beat Ugas than they would have made off Pacquiao-Spence PPVs, and if BHop is right about the injury being fake, that may explain why we didn't get Pacquiao-Spence.

Comment

Bivol had said he was down for this fight on social media.

Now he's backtracking and ducking and dodging. Mentioning John Ryder instead.

His promoter is, anyway. Very disappointing.

Comment

I like Zurdo, but he's talking about just walking through most of these guys that will inevitably give him problems. Not saying he won't be competitive or possibly win, but he's not walking through Badou Jack, not walking through Joshua Buatsi, Bivol, or Bieterbiev. He's letting a win over older, unpaid (100K?!!) Sullivan Barrera hype him up. Agree with a previous post is that the money fight to be made is with Canelo in a year or two. They do that fight in Mexico there won't be a stadium big enough to hold them, but its up to Zurdo to raise his profile and in order to do that, he needs names and remarkable wins.
            Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Such hypocrisy coming from a guy with a track record of swerving/ducking fights (Korobov, Eleider, Browne, Joe Smith). 42 tomato cans and a big mouth is all what this guy is. Hopefully someone hands him his first L, can't stand this guy.
              Last edited by KrusherStan; 08-23-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Zurdo may be a player at 175, but beating Karpency, Lopez and an extremely shopworn Barrera doesn't establish him as such.

Hopefully these 175lb "champs" and contenders start fighting each other. We have already seen great events can occur (Beterbiev/Gvozdyk) when they do.

Comment

I say make it happen but the guy that's been avoiding everyone at the weight cannot say anyone is quiet. Zurdos been at 175 for a few years but has spoke up for the first time like he's wanted smoke all along. Bivol is probably like most of us and will believe it when he sees him in the ring. Fake news for sure!

Comment

This guy is the king of duckers and picking tomato cans. Been running his mouth for years and still never fought anyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X