Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Bivol Staying Quiet, I'd Absolutely Destroy Joshua Buatsi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Logic
    replied
    Originally posted by budfr View Post

More like Capitalism, wise guy.
    No, like communism. In capitalism, competing businesses or brands or individuals compete against each other to earn money. The opposite happens in boxing. Al Haymon and Eddie Hearn are supposedly rivals, but Al Haymon is who made Eddie Hearn a big success by letting AJ fight for the heavyweight title vs Charles Martin instead of Deontay Wilder. He let a PBC champion, Martin, fight Eddie Hearn's fight, in a fight he was guaranteed to lose, rather than keep the heavyweight title in house with his top heavyweight Deontay Wilder. That seems more like communism to me.

Sure, in public, on TV, they can pretend to hate each other, or have mouthpieces in the media say they hate each other if they don't speak publicly for themselves, but behind the scenes, for all we know, they are toasting together in secret and laughing all the way to the bank. Just like WWE stars publicly beef with each other as part of the storyline to attract more viewers and make more money, but in reality they are all performing together in the same "play." Why should this be any different, really? All the same "tells" are there if you look for them. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Angeljuice
    replied
    Originally posted by budfr View Post
    describing your sister??
    No, she's well over 5ft tall, not a short arse Mexican.

Leave a comment:

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by wildman View Post
    This guy is the king of duckers and picking tomato cans. Been running his mouth for years and still never fought anyone.
    I don’t think I would crown him King of Duckers, that title belongs elsewhere. Which specific fights has he been offered where he turned them down?

Leave a comment:

• budfr
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
    "I am a Mexican warrior; everybody knows the way we are built!”

Short, fat and hairy?
    describing your sister??

Leave a comment:

• budfr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    The fight hasn't happened yet because Zurdo is being saved as a future Canelo opponent just like anyone else with any name-recognition at all around 175. Bivol it seems is playing his role keeping out of the limelight, taking a backseat, and doing nothing as well, because he is not marketable. He is making room for more marketable guys, rather than pushing forward in the self-interest of his own career.

Boxing has become like communism. They pretend to dislike each other, "so and so is ducking me," when really, they all seem to work in unison. Can you imagine the $ that would have been lost to Boxing had just one guy knocked Mayweather out 10 years ago? Or had GGG stopped Canelo twice? But it never seems to happen like that. Time and time again, things always go according to plan. Not just the judging, but the fights that get made, and then the way that the fighters fight within those fights. Really the only time things didn't work out that I can recall in recent memory was, ironically, Pacquiao-Ugas, but I mean, Pacquiao is 42 years old. Interest has waned. They had to cash him out for good sometime, and what better way to cash him out than to have him lose to a replacement opponent everyone bet against? They probably made more money off people betting Pacquiao to beat Ugas than they would have made off Pacquiao-Spence PPVs, and if BHop is right about the injury being fake, that may explain why we didn't get Pacquiao-Spence.
    More like Capitalism, wise guy.

Leave a comment:

• Angeljuice
    replied
    "I am a Mexican warrior; everybody knows the way we are built!”

Short, fat and hairy?

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Seriously how much longer do we have to wait for this guy to step up and fight someone worth a ****? who isn't 10 years over the hill.

I know you're not reading this but as a fan I can't even defend you at this stage. You have 42 fights, most Mexican fighters are on the verge of retiring a damn legend 42 fights in.
    He's trying to fight Bivol. But Bivol's side doesn't want it, preferring John Ryder instead.

Leave a comment:

• slimPickings
    replied
    Zurdo is not DESTROYING anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Conteh'sLeft
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Bivol had said he was down for this fight on social media.

Now he's backtracking and ducking and dodging. Mentioning John Ryder instead.

His promoter is, anyway. Very disappointing.
    It's Hearn's fault for sure, Bivol fought Barrera, Pascal and Chilemba back to back in 6 months but ever since he's joined Matchroom the only relatively decent fight he's got is Joe Smith Jr.

Bivol needs to fight Buatsi.

Leave a comment:

• Califire209
    replied
    Good Shyt Zurdo keep your boot on Golden boys neck, saying it to the media shines a brighter spotlight on GBP
    Last edited by Califire209; 08-24-2021, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X