Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I'm A Little Bit Worried About Pacquiao; This Could Be It; Didn't Have Great Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Pac has one more big payday left in him. Either he fights Khan or another Brit either in the Philippines or the UK. Too many financially depend on him and he won't make that bulk of money anywhere else.

A PPV "Legends" fight vs Floyd will shatter records

Comment

Pac complained about his legs being cramped up but honestly, that's just part of being old. You can't move fluidly or like in your 20s, early 30s. He looked good against Thurman, but over 40, every year passing matters. Especially in the hurt business. Pac was pulling wins against larger guys when he was younger because he had that extra gear he could get into that elevated him just enough to get those type wins. Now I see, when it is limited Pac and a lot of things that made him great are gone, he can't pull off these tough wins against larger fighters.

I'd love to just hear Pac call it a career already and we can remember him for all the great memories of fights he's given us. As much as we love and wish all the old fighters of the past that gave great performances can come back and do it (even in their 50s), it's not realistic. This is a young man's sport and we should just appreciate those fighters for what they did in their youth and not ask of more from them when they should be enjoying their earnings.
      NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

So how far will Ugas go now? Can he beat the top welters? I don't think so but it remains to be seen. Spence & Crawford would probably stop him but we will see.

Comment

He had a fantastic career, nothing left to prove. He even beat a young champion on Thurman.

Credit to Ugas, his strategy and also Pacquiao is a veteran of many fights and in his forties, it's tough as a welterweight at that age.

Pacman and Mayweather don't really have it anymore, but it's ok, hand the torch to the young guys now.

That said, what hope do we have that Crawford, Spence, if he returns healthy, and Ennis and Ortiz jr will fight each other. At least Canelo is fighting really tough opposition, and Plant is a difficult fight possibly.

But yes, not the greatest era of boxing this, but we still support the best fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Personally I think Ugas trained a full camp for Manny. I also dont buy the BS leg cramps excuse or that Manny is old. It was Ugas Jab that prevented Manny from moving. 1 thing that was apparent was Mannys lack of head and upper body movement.
            I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Do I think Manny had leg cramps? It’s a possibility. Do I think that’s the main reason why he lost? Not necessarily.

Is he old? Yes, especially at 42-years old and coming off a two-year layoff. Again, do I think that’s the main reason he lost? It was certainly a factor but Ugas’ style played a part as well.

It would have taken the Manny of 2009-2010 to get past that jab and rattle off combinations and get the W. Unfortunately, Pac no longer has the speed and explosiveness necessary to overwhelm bigger guys.
            LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Ugas is a top 3 WW atm. He would beat Crawford and possibly Spence if Spence ain’t 100%. Everyone talking about ugas isn’t good hasn’t seen his last 9-10 fights he’s very good and been getting better he put a clinic on Sean Porter and got absolutely robbed on the cards he won that fight 9-3 much more clearly than the pacquaio fight. I love all Crawford hype saying he’d beat this person and that person but he’s beat 0 tier 1 opponents his whole career so I’m holding out judgement and siding with the guys who actually fight the best
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

42 year old Welterweights don't exist - ever. Time for him to retire. The years and wars have taken their toll. No need to wear himself down and not be able to enjoy retirement with a broken body. Father time isn't taking anymore rainchecks and it showed the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

Credit to Ugas, his strategy and also Pacquiao is a veteran of many fights and in his forties, it's tough as a welterweight at that age.

Pacman and Mayweather don't really have it anymore, but it's ok, hand the torch to the young guys now.
                  Absolutely. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                    Ugas is a top 3 WW atm. He would beat Crawford and possibly Spence if Spence ain’t 100%. Everyone talking about ugas isn’t good hasn’t seen his last 9-10 fights he’s very good and been getting better he put a clinic on Sean Porter and got absolutely robbed on the cards he won that fight 9-3 much more clearly than the pacquaio fight. I love all Crawford hype saying he’d beat this person and that person but he’s beat 0 tier 1 opponents his whole career so I’m holding out judgement and siding with the guys who actually fight the best
                    You are Cuban and you might actually be Ugas.

Comment

he didn't have the leg cramps until after he lost

Comment

Working...
                      X