Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Pacquiao-Spence, Canelo, Conor Benn, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Next year Crawford will be 35, and Vergil Ortiz Jr. will be 24. Who would you pick as the favorite? The Young Man, or the Old Man?
    I’m picking Vergil to break Mean Machine a lot more Mexican style than how Bud did, and then we can instigate that fight which I believe GBP will make a nice offer

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

I’m picking Vergil to break Mean Machine a lot more Mexican style than how Bud did, and then we can instigate that fight which I believe GBP will make a nice offer
      I feel you! Looking forward to Ortiz vs, Kavaliauskas! However, you didn't answer the question. 2022, who would you favor, Young Ortiz, or Old Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        you already know what it is. The following quote from the mailbag is gonna send them into a blind rage of butt hurt emotions.
        Jacobs is not as slick, fast and he doesn’t have that level of boxing ability. Kirkland is Kirkland. Khan is fast but lacks IQ and chin. Cotto gave him a tussle but he’s short with short arms. Saunders fast but not that level of boxer. Kovalev great but old. Smith solid but not special level boxing. Fielding was a water testing fight. Chavez is just a name. That’s Canelo’s resume since the Lara fight.
        When Floyd was active, the African American was the defacto representative of elite in Boxing. Now, it is a Mexican. Let other races thrive and stop acting insecure that there will never be another Floyd, and no, Crawford is not Floyd’s replacement.

Comment

When Floyd was active, the African American was the defacto representative of elite in Boxing. Now, it is a Mexican. Let other races thrive and stop acting insecure that there will never be another Floyd, and no, Crawford is not Floyd’s replacement.
          Mexican isn’t a race and Mexican boxing has thrived long before canelo came around and long before you started sucking his nuts. Wouldn’t expect you to know that because you’re just a white euro trash casual who’s trying to pander to Mexicans like an insecure dweeb begging to be accepted. As far as blacks in boxing, they’ve always been at the top of the sport and the only reason crawford isn’t universally recognized as the best is because there’s an entire stable of welterweights avoiding him. Canelo doesn’t have an issue landing fights, unless he’s making outrageous demands such as demanding a career high guarantee even if a fight gets cancelled.

Comment

I feel you! Looking forward to Ortiz vs, Kavaliauskas! However, you didn't answer the question. 2022, who would you favor, Young Ortiz, or Old Crawford?
            I would favor Ortiz. Vergil got that GGG torso, just masssif but lean. That’s where he gets all his power. Add that with speed and youth I think he takes Crawford to a zone he don’t want to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Mexican isn’t a race and Mexican boxing has thrived long before canelo came around and long before you started sucking his nuts. Wouldn’t expect you to know that because you’re just a white euro trash casual who’s trying to pander to Mexicans like an insecure dweeb begging to be accepted. As far as blacks in boxing, they’ve always been at the top of the sport and the only reason crawford isn’t universally recognized as the best is because there’s an entire stable of welterweights avoiding him. Canelo doesn’t have an issue landing fights, unless he’s making outrageous demands such as demanding a career high guarantee even if a fight gets cancelled.
              Like I said, Mayweather’s time is gone and he represented the African American as being the defacto figure for all of boxing. He deserved it. Add earnings and accolade, that was Floyd. Now it’s Canelo’s era, and the world knows, including the MMA world, that Canelo - a Mexican - is the best boxer in the world along with wealth and accolade. So it doesn’t matter how African American industry like Breadman or Ellerbe still wanting a guy like Crawford to represent the defacto. They know it’s about who you’ve fought. Canelo has faced massive punchers, every style, whereas Crawford is nowhere near comparison, so obviously it is exactly what I’m describing and why the LDBC , Dontae, Boxing Ego, Kaka TV, they always bring up Floyd because the black image is missed as the defacto. This ain’t a Drake track. This is Mexican Bidness time! Deal with it, and embrace other skin tones

Comment

Next year Crawford will be 35, and Vergil Ortiz Jr. will be 24. Who would you pick as the favorite? The Young Man, or the Old Man?
                Nice question

Comment

Like I said, Mayweather’s time is gone and he represented the African American as being the defacto figure for all of boxing. He deserved it. Add earnings and accolade, that was Floyd. Now it’s Canelo’s era, and the world knows, including the MMA world, that Canelo - a Mexican - is the best boxer in the world along with wealth and accolade. So it doesn’t matter how African American industry like Breadman or Ellerbe still wanting a guy like Crawford to represent the defacto. They know it’s about who you’ve fought. Canelo has faced massive punchers, every style, whereas Crawford is nowhere near comparison, so obviously it is exactly what I’m describing and why the LDBC , Dontae, Boxing Ego, Kaka TV, they always bring up Floyd because the black image is missed as the defacto. This ain’t a Drake track. This is Mexican Bidness time! Deal with it, and embrace other skin tones
                  what you’re choosing to ignore is that along with Canelo’s popularity and the fact that he has a built in Mexican fan base, has in turn made him a money maker. As a result, he’s received certain entitlements that someone like Crawford isn’t entitled to. Examples of this include being given undeserving title shots at a young age, having names such as mayweather and Cotto being willing to fight you, having a title created especially for you that allows you to avoid mandatories that you don’t want to face, and the biggest one includes help from judges to allow you to not lose fights that you probably should’ve. If canelo doesn’t get help the judges against Lara and twice against ggg, we’re having an entirely different conversation about where he ranks on the p4p list. Regarding skin tones and Mexicans, Barrera and morales are two of my favorite fighters ever. So my views on canelo have nothing to do about what country he was born in and more to do with being able to see through the bullshet that you blinded by love groupies either ignore or shamelessly defend.

Comment

I think Mr. Edwards is taking the question about power in a different way than the old timers did. I don't think anyone (oldtimers or new) would argue that punching power can't be increased through training but I think the old timers, myself included , meant it to mean that punchers are born in the sense that all the training in the world is not going to change Willie Pep into Arguello or Malignaggi into Tommy Hearns.
                    Just like speed can be increased , your still not going to make Foreman fast like Ali.

Comment

I would favor Ortiz. Vergil got that GGG torso, just masssif but lean. That’s where he gets all his power. Add that with speed and youth I think he takes Crawford to a zone he don’t want to be in.
                      Very Good.... Canelo had that torso, he also had speed & youth on his side, he was favoured to take Floyd to that "zone", but he fell short

Comment

Working...
                      X