Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nakatani then Commey: Wasted Year for Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

BJS was an undefeated world champion.

I don't begrudge Lomachenko one showcase fight coming of his loss to Teofimo. But two in a row?
    Commey may not be a super fight but that doesn’t mean he’s a showcase fight either. He’s a solid opponent and a good alternative given the circumstances.

None of the other top guys are available that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Lopez vs Kambosos is indeed meh. But it's a mando.
      Yeah of course, Kambosos isn’t a bad fighter either but he’s likely to be simply out of his depth against an elite fighter in Teofimo. Lopez is the only young Lightweight who’s stepped up to plate and actually fought the best. I’m hoping that continues after he deals with Kambosos. Lopez-Tank, a Loma rematch, Taylor at 140 etc. Loads of great fights out there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Lopez is the only young Lightweight who’s stepped up to plate and actually fought the best. I’m hoping that continues after he deals with Kambosos.
        He's also the only one who was allowed to. Being with Top Rank made a world of difference for him.

But yes, Commey is a good fight for Loma. I don't see any issue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

He's also the only one who was allowed to. Being with Top Rank made a world of difference for him.

But yes, Commey is a good fight for Loma. I don't see any issue with it.
          Yeah that’s a fair point. There’s unfortunately a lot of network politics at 135.

Comment

Working...
          X