Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nakatani then Commey: Wasted Year for Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Comney is a former champion, and is ranked 5 by TBRB. Nakatani was also ranked going into the fight, and had just stopped Verdejo. You're acting like he fought two unranked journeymen coming off of losses.

    And it's not like any of the "names" at 135 are lining up to fight him. Is Garcia even fighting still? Or is he still sad?
    Devin Haney tried to fight him before and would jump at the chance to fight him now.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

      Devin Haney tried to fight him before and would jump at the chance to fight him now.
      I'm sure he would, after saying that he didn't have to fight Loma because he lost.

      I don't understand why people act like the world is ducking Devin "The Boogieman" Haney, when he put up 12 unproductive ass rounds against Gamboa, or spent 3 rounds hanging off of Linares waist.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

        I'm sure he would, after saying that he didn't have to fight Loma because he lost.

        I don't understand why people act like the world is ducking Devin "The Boogieman" Haney, when he put up 12 unproductive ass rounds against Gamboa, or spent 3 rounds hanging off of Linares waist.
        Commey is better, though?

        Comment


        • #14
          Commey might be better than Haney.

          Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

          Commey is better, though?

          Comment


          • #15
            Commey vs Haney would be a more competitive fight.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Should he have mixed in a better opponent?

              Or is this an acceptable 2021 in your eyes?
              In an ideal world I’d have liked to have seen him fight a top guy like Lopez, Tank, Garcia but boxing is far from ideal. It’s definitely two acceptable opponents at least these guys were/are both top 10 ranked by viable rankings like ring TBRB etc. Commey is #4 with ring for example so it’s not like he’s some scrub he’s having a tune up against.

              It’s been an uninspiring year all across 135. Loma vs Nakatani/Commey doesn’t move the needle. Lopez vs Kambosos is meh. Tank moved up to 140 to fight for a bogus WBA belt, Garcia-Fortuna was semi interesting but then Garcia got cold feet and cried about mental health and Haney went life and death with a past prime Linares and his mandatory’s won’t fight him.

              It makes me laugh when people compare 135 to a modern day four kings. The four kings was so great cause they all all fought each other. These four queens at 135 just all talk about each other instead of f***ing fighting.
              CornerCutman likes this.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

                I'm sure he would, after saying that he didn't have to fight Loma because he lost.

                I don't understand why people act like the world is ducking Devin "The Boogieman" Haney, when he put up 12 unproductive ass rounds against Gamboa, or spent 3 rounds hanging off of Linares waist.
                I completely agree, Haney is levels below Lopez, Loma and Tank IMO. I see absolutely nothing special about Haney. There’s no way in hell those guys are wary of fighting Haney. It’s just a simple equation of Haney not being a draw or having name value and network/promotional politics.

                The only guy I see him potentially beating is Ryan Garcia but I still favour Garcia in that one. Garcia is the only guy who’s potentially guilty of avoiding him too.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Commey is a good, top opponent. Loma will have to wear him down systematically, all the while being careful not to get clipped by something. Commey is dangerous. None of the big names at 135 are going to give Loma the opportunity to fight them now. He’s going to be forced to fight his way to a title opportunity because he has become too big of a risk for the belt holders.
                  dkamds and BustedKnuckles like this.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    Canelo fought Yildirm.

                    Are we really knocking Lomachenko for fighting those two?
                    Come on Shane Mosley Sr. We all know that Yildrim is elite. To be fair to Canelo, he did fit Yildrim in around other good fights in a short space of time. I hate it though when a top fighter only fights once or twice a year and one of those is a terrible mando. When you get a mando like that, you have to fight 3 times. Canelo kept active and fought good, unbeaten guys. I still want the third Golovkin fight, then Bieterbiev, then he might as well go up and clean out the rubbish CW and bridger Divisions before moving back down. Easy money, easy belts, imo. Nash out - BoxingScene Hall of Fame- First Ballot.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

                      In an ideal world I’d have liked to have seen him fight a top guy like Lopez, Tank, Garcia but boxing is far from ideal. It’s definitely two acceptable opponents at least these guys were/are both top 10 ranked by viable rankings like ring TBRB etc. Commey is #4 with ring for example so it’s not like he’s some scrub he’s having a tune up against.

                      It’s been an uninspiring year all across 135. Loma vs Nakatani/Commey doesn’t move the needle. Lopez vs Kambosos is meh. Tank moved up to 140 to fight for a bogus WBA belt, Garcia-Fortuna was semi interesting but then Garcia got cold feet and cried about mental health and Haney went life and death with a past prime Linares and his mandatory’s won’t fight him.

                      It makes me laugh when people compare 135 to a modern day four kings. The four kings was so great cause they all all fought each other. These four queens at 135 just all talk about each other instead of f***ing fighting.
                      Lopez vs Kambosos is indeed meh. But it's a mando.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP