Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Martin To Face Joey Spencer On FOX After Coming In Overweight For Mielnicki Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Martin To Face Joey Spencer On FOX After Coming In Overweight For Mielnicki Rematch

NEWARK, New Jersey - James Martin damaged and helped salvage FOX's tripleheader all within a matter of hours Friday afternoon. An overweight Martin was removed from his scheduled immediate rematch with Vito Mielnicki Jr. before their weigh-in at the Doubletree Hilton hotel. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that later Friday afternoon Martin agreed to face unbeaten junior middleweight prospect Joey Spencer in the opener of FOX's broadcast.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If anyone can follow that, then what we'll see is what we'll see. That sounds like a very hurried and jumbled schedule. But they won't care as long as the right guys win. If not, the excuses will fly. Like Mickey Rooney would say, the show must go on.

Comment

Guy should be sent home with no pay. He screwed up why give him a fight at all? Haymon really likes him some charity bouts, the garbage they put on PPV, Showtime and Fox shows as much. This entire card is low level and should have been scrapped. That is why networks are walking away.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Guy should be sent home with no pay. He screwed up why give him a fight at all? Haymon really likes him some charity bouts, the garbage they put on PPV, Showtime and Fox shows as much. This entire card is low level and should have been scrapped. That is why networks are walking away.
        It's pretty bad. I get that Covid and weight issues can cause unforseen circumstances but there is no marginally redeeming fight on this card. In the main event, Coffie's opponent is durable but pretty much nothing else from what I've seen of him. The few times I've seen Rice, he's been content to survive and not really generate any offense whatsoever.

The other two fights are mismatches (on paper) and the guys they are showcasing don't really deserve to be showcased in my opinion.

Comment

I’m happy to see Spencer and milniecki on the same card. I’ll be tuning in. These two are good for american Boxing and I want to see both do well

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

It's pretty bad. I get that Covid and weight issues can cause unforseen circumstances but there is no marginally redeeming fight on this card. In the main event, Coffie's opponent is durable but pretty much nothing else from what I've seen of him. The few times I've seen Rice, he's been content to survive and not really generate any offense whatsoever.

The other two fights are mismatches (on paper) and the guys they are showcasing don't really deserve to be showcased in my opinion.
            100% with you on this. Coffie is getting screwed here to no fault of his own. Rice will not give him a chance to impress, very hard to look good with an unwilling opponent. On top of a supporting card no one cares or asked for. I really hope Coffie gets himself a highlight reel KO, and saves this dud.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              I’m happy to see Spencer and milniecki on the same card. I’ll be tuning in. These two are good for american Boxing and I want to see both do well
              Shocker, you support another PBC dud, your bias continues to show. I know you will play dumb and avoid it, but what card is better tomorrow DAZN or PBC and why?

Comment

What is up with all of this trash.. LOL.. PBC on FOX is miserable.. the only good cards they create are strictly PPV..

Comment

100% with you on this. Coffie is getting screwed here to no fault of his own. Rice will not give him a chance to impress, very hard to look good with an unwilling opponent. On top of a supporting card no one cares or asked for. I really hope Coffie gets himself a highlight reel KO, and saves this dud.
                  Agreed. It's hard not to like a guy like Coffie. Say what you want about Gerald Washington but he would have fought. He's had a few good moments and he's had a few more bad moments but he would have most likely made for an entertaining scrap however long it lasted.

Hopefully Rice decides to fight rather than survive since he's the main event on a nationally broadcast card.

Comment

Because Haymon looks after his own. Only black fighters on PBC get opportunities and multiple chances like this. Anybody else woulda been fined and either get kicked to the curb or put an even worse position.

Comment

Working...
                    X