Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Martin To Face Joey Spencer On FOX After Coming In Overweight For Mielnicki Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    I’m happy to see Spencer and milniecki on the same card. I’ll be tuning in. These two are good for american Boxing and I want to see both do well
    I will have to disagree. I see nothing special about neither Mielnicki nor Spencer. They are in mismatches on a nationally televised card (the co-feature involves a fighter with a 6-3-2 record), if the fights somehow are competitive it will most likely be as a result of the "A-side) shortcomings. These types of fights should be buried deep on the undercard and not televised as chief supports.

Do you think either of the fights Mielnicki or Spencer are in would be acceptable for even a ShoBox card?

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

Because Haymon looks after his own. Only black fighters on PBC get opportunities and multiple chances like this. Anybody else woulda been fined and either get kicked to the curb or put an even worse position.
      Eh, lets leave race out of it. Has nothing to do with it. The two "A-sides" on the other undercard are caucasian and plenty of manipulating of the card was done to benefit them and increase their chances of winning. The color that matters here is the green of the dollar.
      Zonkmeister likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I will have to disagree. I see nothing special about neither Mielnicki nor Spencer. They are in mismatches on a nationally televised card (the co-feature involves a fighter with a 6-3-2 record), if the fights somehow are competitive it will most likely be as a result of the "A-side) shortcomings. These types of fights should be buried deep on the undercard and not televised as chief supports.

Do you think either of the fights Mielnicki or Spencer are in would be acceptable for even a ShoBox card?
        Neither is further along far enough in their careers for Shobox

Comment

I don’t trust boxing politics. Mielnicki is supposed be Haymon’s “white” Ryan Garcia. PBC probably paid Martin to be tip over the scale and simply promised him a different card with close to equal pay. He already has a win over Mielnicki so he has nothing to prove again given the circumstances. I take it Spencer will stop Martin in a completely different scenario. Isn’t the matchmaking obvious?

As far as the networks and PBC’s contract ending with Fox. Haymon is moving his pieces as best as he can for longevity for the long run. It would be dentrimental to Haymon’s business should Mielnicki lose again, especially in these low rating times and pandemic effects. Mielnicki looks bigger than ever and looks to have kicked in a half inch growth spurt. Who knows if Mielnicki’s Team informed Haymon about the current weight cut. Mielnicki is easily rehydrating 20lbs. Kid looks huge in the ring.

the reason why Canelo vs Plant fell apart is what many fans are saying about trusting PBC, the Mexican didn’t trust. Haymon stipulated the injury replacement with Team Canelo and that’s why the negotiations ended. PBC all year has been doing weird substitutions last minute for cards like clockwork. How do you guys not see this? The Vegas tranny been insecure because networks are skeptic for renewals. Haymon trying to save as much as possible while maximizing his portfolio as he might have to leave elsewhere
          Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-31-2021, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Good on Karpensky.. Milnieki was gonna lose aqain but I think Spencer with bang him outa there. But if he can't, then I would rather see Martin from now on instead of Spencer and Milnieki.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
              But if he can't, then I would rather see Martin from now on instead of Spencer and Milnieki.
              That would be funny. James Martin would upset many rural esque Caleb Plant type fans and become the “white boy killa” and perhaps Haymon would be proud too. Lol. Such a disappointment similar to how Rosario beat Jrock…

Comment

Neither is further along far enough in their careers for Shobox
                That's my point and yet they are on national TV as co-feature fights. That's what the general audience will be seeing billed as "Premier" "Boxing" "Champions" when they turn on FOX. Embarrassing.
                Last edited by PBR Streetgang; 07-31-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

That's my point and yet they are on national TV as co-feature fights. That's what the general audience will be seeing billed as "Premier" "Boxing" "Champions" when they turn on FOX. Embarrassing.
                  They’ll see two white kids boxing, one of which had a huge following of fans in NJ/NY. I get what you’re saying but I also get the strategy behind the move by PBC….they’re trying to attract new fans and bring back the old fans who remember the Cooney’s and the Morrison’s…

Comment

They’ll see two white kids boxing, one of which had a huge following of fans in NJ/NY. I get what you’re saying but I also get the strategy behind the move by PBC….they’re trying to attract new fans and bring back the old fans who remember the Cooney’s and the Morrison’s…
                    Gotcha. All sizzle no substance. Attempting to cater to tribalism. If we have to put a 6-3-2 fighter in so Mielnicki can look good on television then I'd say he isn't very deserving of being televised.

Comment

Gotcha. All sizzle no substance. Attempting to cater to tribalism. If we have to put a 6-3-2 fighter in so Mielnicki can look good on television then I'd say he isn't very deserving of being televised.
                      Clearly he isn’t as good as the initial hype

Comment

Working...
                      X