Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Know Whether Canelo-Plant Fight Is Dead; Looks Unlikely For September 18th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

Crawford is a cherry picking ho.
    Yet you rock a DSG avatar. I assume you’re a Puerto Rican fan from Philly, so it makes sense why you shill for PBC and hate Canelo. PR vs Mexico innit. Oh and regarding “cherry picking” as you say, Crawford not Canelo ever fought a Rod Salka…

Comment

Haha. Eddie always mocks Frank Warren about fury wilder by saying frank has no say blah blah blah,

yet here’s Eddie trying to attach his name to Canelo and ride his coattails. “I am on Canelo team”

hahahahaha little sad fraud.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

It seems to me Eddie knows something here that he is trying desperately not to say. Holding his tongue is hard for him and he can admit that himself. So my theory on what that is, is this. PBC make an offer.This fight can only be on their network. We know that as they don't play well with others. In fact on a voluntary basis ( which this is ) they don't play with others at all. So their trying to be seen to making a deal but theres a stumbling block in there that will be the deal killer. The conditions for this fight will be that they have total control on their show and their network. I believe that that is doable and Eddie not really being involved and leaving it to the lawyers shows this. Now here's the stumbling block. PBC want Canelo to remain on their promotion and network Post Plant. Because we all know they hold belts hostage. And when Canelo beats Plant and Haymon knows this too he will not have Canelo going back to Matchroom and Dazn and their a title down. THATS WHY EDDIE KEEP SAYING HE'S CANELOS PROMOTER. Because Canelo wants this fight and is prepared to jump through all the hoops with the exception of one. He doesn't want to be tied in to PBC beyond the Plant fight. PBC are trying to make it look like they want this ,but they want Canelo to not accept.

Comment

When a PBC fighter is the A Side he is the A side, when a PBC fighter is the b side they want joint A side status cuz they got something the other guy wants.
          bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

I called it. Plant priced himself out in order to keep his belt without admitting he is a useless coward. Haymon has no faith in plant and rightfully so.

Comment

Bivol probably the biggest test out there right now for Canelo at 175. He'd go the distance but would be tough for him to win on points against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
                Plant should consider fighting his next mandatory Zach Parker. That would be a low profile but worthy one to showcase or improve Plant' talent and marketability...
                Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Is that a dangerous fight? I haven't seen enough of Parker to know. I read that he was fortunate to get the nod in the Williams fight but he also stopped the normally durable Vaughn Alexander.

I view Plant as an athletic and skilled fighter but I think he's also vulnerable. If he loses that belt, he loses the biggest payday of his career.
                Zach Parker is Canelo's WBO mando, not Plant's.
                There's a possibility Canelo fights him in the UK to "showcase or improve (his) talent and marketability". Eddeh was already talking about taking Canelo globally, UK included.
                Plus, Parker is Frank's guy.

Comment

Caleb Plant questions Canelo Alvarez’s desire to unify titles with him

“Canelo was offered the highest guarantee of his career,” Plant told Coppinger. “He was set to make $40 million plus Mexican TV rights and his Hennessy sponsorship. No problem, let’s fight. We gave it to him. Then they wanted upside of gate and PPV revenue; no problem, let’s rumble.

“It was always agreed that it was a [title] unification; no rematch for either fighter. Towards the end of negotiations they asked for a rematch when they lose. No problem, you can have the rematch as well, I just wanna fight.

“I question whether his legacy or money is their real motive. We’ve been waiting for him to get done with this wedding, shooting his TV shot, his golf tournament, and now have tried to give him everything he wants and more to make this fight.”

As of now the prospects for Canelo-Plant are looking pretty grim but in this sport everything can change on a dime and who knows, tomorrow they could be formally announcing the fight. As of right now, though, things aren’t exactly in a good place which could mean Canelo and Plant end up taking on other opponents.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/7/2...xing-news-2021

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Bivol 3G Andrade Gilberto are fights that will make DAZASTER no profit.....boxing apps are dumb...DAZN has turned canelo into a g -stringed wearing euro bish...
                    Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                    Hearn has completely fuqed american middleweight boxing up!
                    Why so angry and bitter?
                    Please don't tell me you're another one whose only options were prison or military?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Caleb Plant questions Canelo Alvarez’s desire to unify titles with him

“Canelo was offered the highest guarantee of his career,” Plant told Coppinger. “He was set to make $40 million plus Mexican TV rights and his Hennessy sponsorship. No problem, let’s fight. We gave it to him. Then they wanted upside of gate and PPV revenue; no problem, let’s rumble.

“It was always agreed that it was a [title] unification; no rematch for either fighter. Towards the end of negotiations they asked for a rematch when they lose. No problem, you can have the rematch as well, I just wanna fight.

“I question whether his legacy or money is their real motive. We’ve been waiting for him to get done with this wedding, shooting his TV shot, his golf tournament, and now have tried to give him everything he wants and more to make this fight.”

As of now the prospects for Canelo-Plant are looking pretty grim but in this sport everything can change on a dime and who knows, tomorrow they could be formally announcing the fight. As of right now, though, things aren’t exactly in a good place which could mean Canelo and Plant end up taking on other opponents.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/7/2...xing-news-2021
                      Insanity…..pure insanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X