Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most JUSTIFIED Quit you've seen in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most JUSTIFIED Quit you've seen in boxing?

We all love ragging on Quitters but have you ever seen one where you were like, yeah, fair enough.

I can never really justify a quit tbh. Especially when you factor in what past fighters have fought through.

A fighter quitting only makes them less of a fighter though not less of a human being. 99% of human beings would quit inside the ring but 99% of fighters would never quit.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I can never really justify a quit tbh. Especially when you factor in what past fighters have fought through.

A fighter quitting only makes them less of a fighter though not less of a human being. 99% of human beings would quit inside the ring but 99% of fighters would never quit.
      as Andy Lee said, MMA fighters tap out all the time to preserve the health of their arm, leg or joints, why shoukd a boxer be called a quitter or coward for wanting to preserve the health of their eye?

stopping the fight yourself if you have a broken eye socket is nothing to be ashamed of.
      !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

You must hold yourself very high on the gameness scale to see no justification in quitting ever, have you ever been tested, really tested?

When a man is beaten and gives up only he can answer himself, you sitting behind a TV with a beer somehow doesn't gell with me.

Im not talking about the 4 round guys that run and jump out of the ring, I'm talking world-class fighters that quit in a grueling battle.

Comment

When dawson quit against Ward. He had no answer for him. Now how about this, fights that should have been stopped by the corner?

Lara vs Williams?
          Calzaghe vs Lacy?

Comment

Vit quit vs Byrd 1

''Klitschko controlled most of the fight with Byrd being elusive and making himself a difficult target. After 9 rounds Vitali had suffered a torn rotator cuff and despite being clearly ahead on the scorecards (88-83, 88-83, & 89-82) he retired on his stool handing the win to Byrd. Harold Lederman, HBO's unofficial judge, had Klitschko ahead 88-83 at the time of the stoppage.''
            A healthy Vit made it obvious in the rematch.

Any injury related quit should get a pass.More so is they were winning at the time of the quit.

Honorable mention - Cotto quit vs Margarito 1*
            I had Cotto up big until he gassed. He gave it his all and that can't be denied.

Comment

Ortiz in the second Berto fight. He got dropped with the perfect KO punch from Berto, but he got up and started throwing bombs. He went out on his shield.

After that second knockdown, he was done and he knew it. The ref did him wrong there.

I made fun of Ortiz a lot over the years, but in that fight I had no problem with him saying "No mas".

Comment

Bjs-carnelo.

Bjs was never gonna win a decision anyway so why keep going?

Comment

Cotto and Margarito.

Cotto knew them punches wasn't normal. You have to be getting hard to quit knowing your up on the scorecards late in a fight.

​​​​​​Cotto could have took career ending damage and not just his prime.

Comment

On another note I felt bad for Ortiz when he wanted out if the Lopez fight and his trainer made it worst trying to force him to continue. That had to kill his confidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X