Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most JUSTIFIED Quit you've seen in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
    Bjs-carnelo.

Bjs was never gonna win a decision anyway so why keep going?
    This would be a fair point if it wasnt for all the BULLSHYTE Billy Joe Saunders was talking previously!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

It is when compared to your peers though. Malignaggi broke his orbital in the 2nd round against Cotto yet went the full 12. Lebedev had the worst looking eye injury I’ve ever seen vs Guillermo Jones yet still fought on until he was stopped in the 11th. Many fighters have exhibited similar bravery when injured.

As I said it doesn’t make them any less of a man, if I broke my orbital bone, I’d quit and so would most of us non-fighters. But most fighters would never quit- as history tells us.
      its ******ed to fight on if you could lose an eye. simple as

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        BJS

Broken face
        His face was never ever broken. He didnt stay at the hospital not one bit. Eddie Hearn lied he was in the hospital with him. We got no x-rays no evidence of anything. Except for the fact that the man said his orbital bone went to his eye... which is literally impossible. AND BJS was DRIVING just a few days after the incident on instagram with NO MARKS of anything on his face. Looking fresh as ever.

Anyone who knows anything about medical science like myself, knows if you get an eye operation that big (allegedly) you arent allowed to drive around in a few days. come on people. You believe anything these lying promoters and fighters tell you

Comment

Originally posted by FinlandsFinest View Post

His face was never ever broken. He didnt stay at the hospital not one bit. Eddie Hearn lied he was in the hospital with him. We got no x-rays no evidence of anything. Except for the fact that the man said his orbital bone went to his eye... which is literally impossible. AND BJS was DRIVING just a few days after the incident on instagram with NO MARKS of anything on his face. Looking fresh as ever.

Anyone who knows anything about medical science like myself, knows if you get an eye operation that big (allegedly) you arent allowed to drive around in a few days. come on people. You believe anything these lying promoters and fighters tell you
          BJS is an idiot. I dont have a problem with him not continuing as he felt his health/eye was in danger. But all the **** he talked about guys like Willie Monroe and Dubois calling them quitters etc and then turn around and do it himself
          FinlandsFinest likes this.

Comment

Brook vs GGG. Face broke and he knew it. Changed my mind, Brook vs Spence. Face broken again, and he knew it. Broken Orbital/Face=Please stop the onslaught

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

You must hold yourself very high on the gameness scale to see no justification in quitting ever, have you ever been tested, really tested?

When a man is beaten and gives up only he can answer himself, you sitting behind a TV with a beer somehow doesn't gell with me.

Im not talking about the 4 round guys that run and jump out of the ring, I'm talking world-class fighters that quit in a grueling battle.
              He does. I respect RJJ. Even though we may not always share similar values.

I can recall several years ago, the both of us having a very similar conversation to this one. Pertaining to Kell Brook quitting against Errol Spence, Jr due to his broken eye socket injury.

No matter, how much I tried to get him to see things from a different point of view. Nevertheless he stuck to his guns and not once ever did he waver from his fundamental core beliefs that a fighter should fight on no matter what.

So how can I not a respect a man like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                We all love ragging on Quitters but have you ever seen one where you were like, yeah, fair enough.
                Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko --- when Peter bowed out of that one, there was nothing he could have done but get his face punched off for four more rounds.

On the other hand, Tex Cobb should have quit against Larry Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I don’t know if you can call it a quit, but I’m going with the McCall vs Lewis rematch.

That guy just didn’t have it in him that night and wasn’t in the proper frame of mind to be in the ring.
                  The man suffered a complete nervous breakdown in the ring. I was watching that fight and was thinking to myself; That this has to be some of the weirdest shit I have ever witnessed inside of boxing ring before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

its ******ed to fight on if you could lose an eye. simple as
                    You can lose your life any time you step in a ring, it is what it is.

As I say quitting doesn’t make you less of a man but it does make you far less of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

You can lose your life any time you step in a ring, it is what it is.

As I say quitting doesn’t make you less of a man but it does make you far less of a fighter.
                      You can lose your life on a football field, can lose it going shopping, its not a thought because you're are not facing the part of reality that will kill you until you are faced with it you don't know what fears you will have, in a flash situation your adrenalin kicks in and you go all in, but a systematic beating along with being tired and gassing out to that point of breaking is an entirely different thought process/

Holyfield went into detail in an article years ago about thinking of quitting in the Qawi fight where he lost something like 18lbs during the fight, it shows the nature of quitting how it comes and goes, how there is a mental battle with yourself for a period of time, and then if the right flurry comes at the right time when the guy is thinking on the negative side of quitting and boom he quits.

There is a book that could be written on the psyche during the courage quitting phase of man and beast, it digs into primal instinctive behaviors, Ive always been interested in this stuff as I spent 20 yrs with Pitbulls and they are bred to be game so you learn a lot on how the mind thinks in certain situations..

Comment

Working...
                      X