Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Coach Confident Delay Will Benefit His Fighter More Than Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fattie fury always could do with more time to prepare, once a fattie always a fattie

Comment

From the article: "Malik Soctt, the new head trainer for heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder, believes his fighter will receive the most benefit from the most recent delay to the trilogy fight with WBC world champion Tyson Fury. "

He's changed trainer again? Who's this Soctt guy?

I don't think a three month delay changes much in the grand scheme of things. The arbitration ruling was mid-May, so both fighters discovered they were fighting in a couple of months after an extended layoff, which seemed a little soon. It probably helps both to have a bit longer to train.

Comment

It does seem like a very long saga doesn't it, fight on, fight off, court case, fight on, covid, fight off. People are tired of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post

Wilder couldn't even beat a 50% Fury after a 3 year layoff. It was a draw but still Wilder couldn't beat the worst version of Fury.
          Glad you’re man enough to admit it. Fury danced and played around the ring all night. It was rounds where he only landed 4 punches. If you say he won that fight you’re being biased. Fury had two tune ups before he fought Wilder. Deontay hadn’t fought in nearly a year. Also let’s not forget he waited months before he enrolled in VADA. He didn’t enroll until 45 days before the fight. He had the advantage if you ask me.

0F190245-7523-4637-8968-81F1BDACE4B3.jpeg
          Akutalee and FlyingFJ like this.

Comment

Fury getting sick benefits Wilder more than Fury...
            You don't say!!??

I wonder if this is the kind of sage wisdom that he's providing Wilder in training. Lol

Comment

Too many unknowns to make of any of this. IF Fury had covid, how does it affect his body and his fight preparation? Where is Fury's mental state at and where will it be come fight night? Is Wilder actually learning any new wrinkles that will help him improve landing one of his right hand missiles? Does the layoff have an effect on one or the other? Both?

We won't really know any of this until they step in the ring, if they step into the ring. One thing that I think is telling is that Wilder's camp hasn't protested much about the postponement not questioned the covid exposure. Either they have reason to believe it's true or they were aware that it wasn't and are onboard with it. Regardless, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.
              billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I’m obviously fan of fury and want him to win, I think it’s slightly dismissive and disrespectful how every time this site names Malik Scott as Head trainer they have to constantly point out wilder stopped him in a round.

Some of the best trainers in history wasn’t much as a fighter whatsoever. His KO loss to wilder doesn’t really mean that he couldn’t improve certain aspects of Wilders skills.

I’m backing and wanting Tyson to win when they finally fight. I just think it’s a bit silly and repetitive how they mention it.
                FlyingFJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Going to get a comment in before the anti wilder militants have a go. Agreed, wilder benefits from more training, more sparring and moving around, and more weight training. Not sure where Fury’s mind is right now but I believe it favours wilder
                  Stolen valor simpleton

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post
                    Fury getting sick benefits Wilder more than Fury...
                    You don't say!!??

I wonder if this is the kind of sage wisdom that he's providing Wilder in training. Lol
                    How come Wilder fans always call him by his first name, as if he's their friend? He's already told you he's your KING. Let's have some respect in the Bomb Squad Nation please.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      Too many unknowns to make of any of this. IF Fury had covid, how does it affect his body and his fight preparation? Where is Fury's mental state at and where will it be come fight night? Is Wilder actually learning any new wrinkles that will help him improve landing one of his right hand missiles? Does the layoff have an effect on one or the other? Both?

We won't really know any of this until they step in the ring, if they step into the ring. One thing that I think is telling is that Wilder's camp hasn't protested much about the postponement not questioned the covid exposure. Either they have reason to believe it's true or they were aware that it wasn't and are onboard with it. Regardless, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.
                      From what I've read Wilder wasn't too happy with the postponement and many believe that Fury doesn't really want the fight (true or not). Fury said simply that he tested positive for the virus, had no ill effects and tested clean a week later. Seems that some of the others in Fury's camp also tested positive so bingo we have a postponement. If Fury has another excuse to not fight on Oct. 9th his credibility and career as a fighter are over.

Comment

Working...
                      X