Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Coach Confident Delay Will Benefit His Fighter More Than Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Room
    replied
    Everything benefits Wilder according to this weirdo fansonly swine licker.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Duh. It's ****ing pointless. Fury already won twice and was robbed once. Absolutely no point in a 3rd fight after the beat down Wilder got.
    The problem is, its easy to say "Ill just go in there and take care of business and get this off my plate" but how does one get motivated to do that? Wilder, if nothing else is motivated to fight Fury. Just a tough place to be for Fury.

Leave a comment:

• Lefty0616
    replied
    I believe Fury needs to be active to be effective. I think he has very little discipline. I believe the longer it takes to get back in the ring with Wilder, it benefits Wilder. I think the time in between bouts gives Wilder a legitimate chance to learn how to actually box. I believe the extra time allows for him to improve on his strength and conditioning. Despite records and belts, no one in the heavyweight division is in a league of their own. Anyone of the top 4 heavyweights has a punchers chance.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Scene
    replied
    Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I get a feeling that Fury really does not want this fight. it generates shiat, its a hard time, he has to watch himself getting splonged, Wilder has all the emotional momentum. Fury likes to play the heel but this might be a bit much for him lol. i would not be surprised if he tries to argue that at this point, trying to make good on this contract would force financial damage that is unwarranted.
    Duh. It's ****ing pointless. Fury already won twice and was robbed once. Absolutely no point in a 3rd fight after the beat down Wilder got.

Leave a comment:

• zod66
    replied
    There's only one Tyson Fury!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Toffee
    replied
    If the fight goes ahead, and I don't think it does, but if it goes ahead...

Wilder isn't suddenly going to become a boxer. A few months with Malik isn't going to make him a boxer at world class level.

If he boxes, he loses, because Fury is so much better and has been for so much longer. If he punches he's got a puncher's chance.

As for the delay it all depends on if Fury actually was sick, how he recovers if he was, and what sort of condition he's in. Wilder will be conditioned. Fury might be.

And Fury certainly has the confidence from experiencing fighting after a long break. Wilder, who relies so much on timing his opponent, hasn't really experienced that.

All up, it's a Fury win regardless. Bad condition and walking straight onto a punch are the threats.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
    Too many unknowns to make of any of this. IF Fury had covid, how does it affect his body and his fight preparation? Where is Fury's mental state at and where will it be come fight night? Is Wilder actually learning any new wrinkles that will help him improve landing one of his right hand missiles? Does the layoff have an effect on one or the other? Both?

We won't really know any of this until they step in the ring, if they step into the ring. One thing that I think is telling is that Wilder's camp hasn't protested much about the postponement not questioned the covid exposure. Either they have reason to believe it's true or they were aware that it wasn't and are onboard with it. Regardless, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.
    I get a feeling that Fury really does not want this fight. it generates shiat, its a hard time, he has to watch himself getting splonged, Wilder has all the emotional momentum. Fury likes to play the heel but this might be a bit much for him lol. i would not be surprised if he tries to argue that at this point, trying to make good on this contract would force financial damage that is unwarranted.

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    I wouldn't so much as fancy the idea of Fury being ready by October either. This is a fight that he never wanted. He was forced into taking it. If he does decide to fight this trilogy bout, then he won't be at his best.

Wilder would win this one easily by way of KO. Fury just can't seem to get himself mentally focused and prepared for this fight. However, unless he wants the AJ fight then it's a fight that he has to take but he won't be ready for it though.

He is bored, distracted, overconfident and lacking in both motivation and drive for this fight. At this point, he is a broken and mentally destroyed fighter. That Wilder rematch must have really ruined him mentally.
    Fury needs a challenge to motivate him and Wilder doesn't provide that. At the press conference, Wilder sat there like a beaten dog, saying nothing and letting Fury walk all over him verbally. Then he backed down during the face-off, turned his back and ran away with his tail between his legs. No wonder Fury is bored and wants to move on to a more challenging opponent, like AJ.

Leave a comment:

• jmrf4435
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Malik Soctt, the new head trainer for heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder, believes his fighter will receive the most benefit from the most recent delay to the trilogy fight with WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    How would this not help Fury??

He may have not been in shape, and now he has more time. Wilder seemed ready and is now frustrated

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    I wouldn't so much as fancy the idea of Fury being ready by October either. This is a fight that he never wanted. He was forced into taking it. If he does decide to fight this trilogy bout, then he won't be at his best.

Wilder would win this one easily by way of KO. Fury just can't seem to get himself mentally focused and prepared for this fight. However, unless he wants the AJ fight then it's a fight that he has to take but he won't be ready for it though.

He is bored, distracted, overconfident and lacking in both motivation and drive for this fight. At this point, he is a broken and mentally destroyed fighter. That Wilder rematch must have really ruined him mentally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X