Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone honestly give Plant a shot to get the 'W' against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Lara... Khan cards before knockout.. I can go on...
    Lara?? The guy win at most 4 rounds. Watch the fight again...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

At the end of the day Canelo lost to Mayweather on the cards. And he knocked Khan smooth out.

So wins in GGG II and against Lara in fights that were super close are really all that people can complain about. It's much ado about nothing.
      Mayweather-Canelo was a one sided fight in Mayweather's favor. The fact that Canelo got a draw on one card can't be ignored just because the other two judges got it right. One scorecard as a draw was ridiculous and you can't minimize that.

Also, one judge in the Golovkin fight gave almost every round to Canelo. If I remember correctly she was suspended for that. You can't pretend that Canelo hasn't been the recipient of bad scorecards in his favor.
      Last edited by joseph5620; 07-27-2021, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Lara... Khan cards before knockout.. I can go on...
        This is why the end is so much more important than the beginning, lots of guys are happy to give away a few rounds in figuring them, a heavy puncher don't go all out to win every round, he sets traps and gets in tune with the timing, lost count of guys in here saying oh but such and such won some early rounds as a that's how you beat him idea, it dont work that way if the fight was only over 4 rounds Canelo would still knock khan out., Lara is a dam good boxer going the distance doesn't mean anything, if Canelo had of knocked him out that would mean something yet in here it would get oh it was only Lara.

Canelo may drop some rounds against Plant but he still going to break him down and stop him, Canelo is a class above and he is in fantastic form at the moment, he is a bad dude right now.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Mayweather-Canelo was a one sided fight in Mayweather's favor. The fact that Canelo got a draw on one card can't be ignored just because the other two judges got it right. One scorecard as a draw was ridiculous and you can't minimize that.

Also, one judge in the Golovkin fight gave almost every round to Canelo. If I remember correctly she was suspended for that. You can't pretend that Canelo hasn't been the recipient of bad scorecards in his favor.
          Lol. Three judges affect the outcome, not one. That’s the point of … three judges!

Lara vs Williams
          • "This fight has taken some real years off of Paul Williams life. This is the type of fight that causes real problems when a guy leaves the game." - Roy Jones Jr.
          • "This is what's wrong with boxing... Paul Williams knows he didn't win that decision. If that was Sergio Martinez again we'd be in the hospital right now with Paul Williams." - Roy Jones Jr. on the judges' decisions
          • "Lara's right there with anyone in the 154lb. divison... That stinks... This decision is indescribably bad. This is an incompetent decision in my opinion." - Max Kellerman
          • "I don't know how in the world Paul Williams won the decision... It's a joke. Paul Williams thought he lost the fight." - Bob Papa
          • "They brought in three judges with very little experience... as long as they keep using inexperienced judges in big fights you're going to keep getting bad decisions." - HBO's Harold Lederman
          • "The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board was responsible for assigning all three judges who scored this contest and decided the outcome. At the conclusion of the contest, this agency had concerns about the final scores. Due to these concerns we decided to conduct a full review of the scoring. As part of this review, the NJSACB called in all three judges to our Trenton offices and conducted a full analysis of the scoring of each round. Davis said that the review of the fight was complete and the NJSACB "has not found any evidence of bias, fraud, corruption or incapacity on the part of any of the judges. However, we remain unsatisfied with the scoring of the contest even after hearing the explanations from the judges. The NJSACB does not have the legal authority under these circumstances to invalidate the official result. This is due to the fact that all scoring is a matter of subjective judgment. In a similar fashion we cannot mandate a rematch. However, our opinion is that a rematch may be warranted. This agency has placed all three judges on indefinite suspension. Further, all three judges will be required to undergo additional training prior to their return to professional boxing judging." - New Jersey commissioner Aaron M. Davis in a letter to Golden Boy Promotions and Dan Goossen

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Lol. Three judges affect the outcome, not one. That’s the point of … three judges!

Lara vs Williams
            • "This fight has taken some real years off of Paul Williams life. This is the type of fight that causes real problems when a guy leaves the game." - Roy Jones Jr.
            • "This is what's wrong with boxing... Paul Williams knows he didn't win that decision. If that was Sergio Martinez again we'd be in the hospital right now with Paul Williams." - Roy Jones Jr. on the judges' decisions
            • "Lara's right there with anyone in the 154lb. divison... That stinks... This decision is indescribably bad. This is an incompetent decision in my opinion." - Max Kellerman
            • "I don't know how in the world Paul Williams won the decision... It's a joke. Paul Williams thought he lost the fight." - Bob Papa
            • "They brought in three judges with very little experience... as long as they keep using inexperienced judges in big fights you're going to keep getting bad decisions." - HBO's Harold Lederman
            • "The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board was responsible for assigning all three judges who scored this contest and decided the outcome. At the conclusion of the contest, this agency had concerns about the final scores. Due to these concerns we decided to conduct a full review of the scoring. As part of this review, the NJSACB called in all three judges to our Trenton offices and conducted a full analysis of the scoring of each round. Davis said that the review of the fight was complete and the NJSACB "has not found any evidence of bias, fraud, corruption or incapacity on the part of any of the judges. However, we remain unsatisfied with the scoring of the contest even after hearing the explanations from the judges. The NJSACB does not have the legal authority under these circumstances to invalidate the official result. This is due to the fact that all scoring is a matter of subjective judgment. In a similar fashion we cannot mandate a rematch. However, our opinion is that a rematch may be warranted. This agency has placed all three judges on indefinite suspension. Further, all three judges will be required to undergo additional training prior to their return to professional boxing judging." - New Jersey commissioner Aaron M. Davis in a letter to Golden Boy Promotions and Dan Goossen

The question was whether Canelo gets bad scorecards in his favor. Yes he does. Fact's. It's not even a debatable topic.

Nothing in your response has anything to do with what I said. So you just wasted your time.

Comment

In response to the OP, No.

Comment

The question was whether Canelo gets bad scorecards in his favor. Yes he does. Fact's. It's not even a debatable topic.

Nothing in your response has anything to do with what I said. So you just wasted your time.
                Lol.

The point is Saul Canelo Alvarez has always been a better fighter than Lara or Williams, so of course Canelo beat Lara. Canelo chased and pointed. Lara flew and pointed. The aggressor wins. The thing is Lara did that constantly in 12 rounds and is the reason why Khan lost under pressure. Compare the Floyd fight and GGG none of these fighters flew like Lara and Khan. Boxing for century’s + didn’t, prize fighting, didn’t glorify runners like Khan or Lara for 12 rounds. Doesn’t exist. There’s no reason to have bias for runners.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

At the end of the day Canelo lost to Mayweather on the cards. And he knocked Khan smooth out.

So wins in GGG II and against Lara in fights that were super close are really all that people can complain about. It's much ado about nothing.
                  If the Kovalev card went the distance, same thing..

What I'm saying is winning against Canelo on the cards is extremely hard to do. Change my mind.

Comment

The dumb **** actually has something intelligent to say. I'm suprised.

Comment

Love how these dumb kids are acting like he hasn't been gift wrapped decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X