Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone honestly give Plant a shot to get the 'W' against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Mayweather-Canelo was a one sided fight in Mayweather's favor. The fact that Canelo got a draw on one card can't be ignored just because the other two judges got it right. One scorecard as a draw was ridiculous and you can't minimize that.

Also, one judge in the Golovkin fight gave almost every round to Canelo. If I remember correctly she was suspended for that. You can't pretend that Canelo hasn't been the recipient of bad scorecards in his favor.
    Floyd beat Canelo on the cards so there's nothing to complain about there.

What I'm looking for are all the supposed fights that Canelo won when he wasn't the rightful victor. To back up the narrative that he can't be beaten on the scorecards.

I don't see a lot of evidence for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      What I'm saying is winning against Canelo on the cards is extremely hard to do. Change my mind.
      So give the evidence. When did Canelo win a fight on the cards when he shouldn't have?

Comment

If Plant cannot hurt Canelo which will almost certainly be the case, Canelo will just walk right through him and eventually KO him. I think it could be competitive for half the fight though. I just cannot see Plant keeping Canelo off him for all 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

So give the evidence. When did Canelo win a fight on the cards when he shouldn't have?
          You're arguing like a teenage girl. Just look at the actual cards. Stop trying to act bias and defend a losing stance.

Comment

You're arguing like a teenage girl. Just look at the actual cards. Stop trying to act bias and defend a losing stance.
            Again, what FIGHTS did Canelo WIN thanks to the cards when he shouldn't have?

If all you can cry about is a card here or there that had no effect on the overall result then it's hardly worth whining about.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Depends on his stamina and how he handles the mental pressure Canelo will put on him. If he is able to stay composed and doesn't tire out or get sloppy as he tends to do late in fights? Then sure, he can pose a threat and compete with Canelo. If not? Then he's getting stopped in the mid rounds or losing a wide decision where he falls apart in the 2nd half of the fight.

This is my problem with the 168 pound division and what has been my problem for a while. All these guys are unchallenged for the most part so we don't really know how good they are. What did BJS do at 168? What has Plant done or Benavidez? If they would have fought each other before getting someone like Canelo? Then we would have a better idea of what kind of fighter they were. I mean BJS did some things at 160 where you knew what he could do, but he had just been so inconsistent and inactive since getting to 168 that you didn't know what he was capable of.
              That's a damn good point my friend!!!

Comment

No simply because he hasn't the power to get him out of there and he sure as hell won't get the nod on the cards either.

Pointless talking styles and all of that and over complicating it.

Comment

Again, what FIGHTS did Canelo WIN thanks to the cards when he shouldn't have?

If all you can cry about is a card here or there that had no effect on the overall result then it's hardly worth whining about.
                  Dude you aren't this stupid. Stop being a clown.

Comment

Dude you aren't this stupid. Stop being a clown.
                    Resorting to insults. You got nothing.

"Canelo got one favorable card against Floyd!"

"Yeah, but Floyd still won the decision...."

"You can't beat Canelo on the cards, doe!"

Comment

Resorting to insults. You got nothing.

"Canelo got one favorable card against Floyd!"

"Yeah, but Floyd still won the decision...."

"You can't beat Canelo on the cards, doe!"
                      Smh... I don't spend time discussing boxing with dumb mother ****ers who have never fought. You're lucky I'm even responding to you. Your argument is like a ****ing 5 year old. Your ass would get laughed out of the ****ing gym if you were in my presence. Dumb *****. Jesus Christ these ****ing kids on this forum...
                      Last edited by Lomadeaux; 07-27-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X