Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What platform/network will Golden Boy Promotions end up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What platform/network will Golden Boy Promotions end up?

Interesting move by Oscar and Co. to make this Tetrault fellow an equity partner in Golden Boy Promotions. The Golden Boy along w/t Bhop and Eric Gomez must have a great deal of faith that Tetrault could get them a nice TV deal to give him a part of the company. Anyhow, don’t see Golden Boy Promotions sticking with DAZN after the whole Canelo fiasco.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Showtime. A lot of execs are going to try and get their hands on Ryan Garcia.
    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

GBP ain’t going to Triller.

This is just gossip so that DAZN gives GBP the BEST deal for its current pool given the circumstances. DAZN can’t hold GBP’s fighters at fault. Besides they have Canelo.

I would only consider Triller is GBP makes it EXCLUSIVELY to have Lampley call their fights not rap stars. It is just wrong with Snoop Dog involved. Sounds like an event being mocked by some stoned ghetto thug, and on top of that, Oscar is high too on that platform. Their whole company would crumble.

I think Tetreault would be the guy to knock sense into GBP to continue on DAZN and focus on better days. Tetreault gets a piece of everything so it would only be smart to stick with the platform that continues to grow. Triller and it’s low priced PBC PPV’s will still suffer from piracy

Comment

Seeing William Zepeda's last fight makes me root hard for Oscar and his company to succeed. It was a very inspiring stuff. Oscar has two of my favorites: Seniesa Estrada and William Zepeda. I definitely wanna see them very busy. Not a big fan of Ortiz or Ryan. I respect Oscar too. Hope they land a lucrative contract with a stable broadcaster.

War GBP!
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-26-2021, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
          GBP ain’t going to Triller.

This is just gossip so that DAZN gives GBP the BEST deal for its current pool given the circumstances. DAZN can’t hold GBP’s fighters at fault. Besides they have Canelo.

I would only consider Triller is GBP makes it EXCLUSIVELY to have Lampley call their fights not rap stars. It is just wrong with Snoop Dog involved. Sounds like an event being mocked by some stoned ghetto thug, and on top of that, Oscar is high too on that platform. Their whole company would crumble.

I think Tetreault would be the guy to knock sense into GBP to continue on DAZN and focus on better days. Tetreault gets a piece of everything so it would only be smart to stick with the platform that continues to grow. Triller and it’s low priced PBC PPV’s will still suffer from piracy

Oscar should be weary when it comes to DAZN, there’s no way DAZN executives have they’re hands clean regarding the Canelo situation. No doubt in my mind, they conspired with Hearn to make sure Golden Boy defaulted on the Ginger $365 mil contract, in order for Hearn to be Canelo’s new promoter. Also, they ended up cutting Golden Boy’s dates which in return hurt their ability to sign and develop new fighters. I say the F w/t DAZN and take your chances w/t Thriller. They already bought the FiteTV app and will need content to put on their platform. Also, Oscar and Thriller CEO Ryan Kavanaugh seem to be tight so don’t see him sabotaging Golden Boy like DAZN did in favor of Matchroom

Comment

I assumed he would move his stable to thriller, but seeing how awful thriller has been so far, teofimo card twice postponed, awful card that is headlined by hunter, no real stuff beyond, 30 dollar subscription service (wow), losing jake paul. it's hard to see them succeed.

this years card also have been pretty good by golden boy. Normally when promoters are close to being finished with a contract, they usually put out low budget garbage.
            The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              I assumed he would move his stable to thriller, but seeing how awful thriller has been so far, teofimo card twice postponed, awful card that is headlined by hunter, no real stuff beyond, 30 dollar subscription service (wow), losing jake paul. it's hard to see them succeed.

this years card also have been pretty good by golden boy. Normally when promoters are close to being finished with a contract, they usually put out low budget garbage.
              Golden Boy's last card deserved respect. New star emerged for them at lightweight: William Zepeda. They might feed Ryan to him if Ryan gets out of hand!
              asgarth asgarth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Interesting move by Oscar and Co. to make this Tetrault fellow an equity partner in Golden Boy Promotions. The Golden Boy along w/t Bhop and Eric Gomez must have a great deal of faith that Tetrault could get them a nice TV deal to give him a part of the company. Anyhow, don’t see Golden Boy Promotions sticking with DAZN after the whole Canelo fiasco.
                I would think espn for a few reasons.

1. they work with TR and they have the names/ titles in the divisions GBP’s biggest names are.
                2. They have the espn deportes network to broadcast his minor fight card series which I think is really good.
                3. They have the streaming network platform that GBP can utilize if they found they liked the streaming element DAZN brought to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post
                  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Showtime. A lot of execs are going to try and get their hands on Ryan Garcia.
                  This is why I’m thinking espn makes a huge bid. I don’t know if coke dela fishnets wants to go to showtime knowing Floyd is their top promoter. You know how jealous he is of him.

but money talks.

Comment

Golden Boy Promotions doesn't have the depth of other promotions but they have a very good group of young fighters and potential stars down the line. They also have top level matchmakers that damn near always make for good cards.

They are only getting 18M for 10 shows a year with DAZN. If they are to stay at DAZN, that number will need to increase big time. The amount of shows plus the budget.

I know people are getting upset at having to subscribe to Peakcock to watch some of the Olympic events but that is a dark horse network that may invest in boxing. They want live sports and boxing is a cheap sport to invest in. They can implement PPVs while marketing them through NBC. That's one to watch for.

If GBP stays at DAZN, they will be second fiddle to Matchroom...If they go to ESPN, they will be second fiddle to TR...if they go to SHO, they will be second fiddle to PBC.

I bet that is something GBP does NOT want to happen. Peacock or Fite TV seem like solid options.

Comment

Working...
                    X