Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican fighters avoiding slick black fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
    The only one ducking is ryan. And diaz just beat a slick black fighter what are you talking about?
    Fortuna is Dominican not black or slick

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      ...Just Like Tank Davis don't even mention Haney either, Jermall Charlo avoiding Andrade too

Honestly...NOBODY wants to fight a Slickster because it is a tough style to deal with regardless of race. Also too, as much as I love slicksters, to the Casual Viewers and even some Hardcores, I can totally understand why that style turn them off because if you match a slickster wrongly you will be stuck with a long boring one sided 12 round fight
      Besides the Crawford v Ortiz situation all these other fights are on the same network. No politics involved. You'd think fans would be calling for these fights to get made but these duckers are getting a pass
      Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Fortuna is Dominican not black or slick
        Yeah your right. Fortuna skin color is definitely Dominican. Not black at all.

Hes a bigger puncher and better boxer than hankey. He was hankeys original opponent til they swerved him and chose linares.
        SplitSecond SplitSecond likes this.

Comment

Well he should sue the WBO because you can't call a mandatory fight with the #2 contender without the #1 contender turning down the fight. I think we all know his team, not Ortiz, turned down that fight
          WBO can call a mandatory fight if the #1 fighter does not "enforce the mandatory," it doesn't necessarily mean the #1 fighter turned down the fight. WBO committee can vote on making anyone the mandatory that they want. They don't do it often but it is something they can do.

Could Ortiz's team have turned it down? Sure, that is possible but doesn't mean it happened that way.

Comment

Yeah your right. Fortuna skin color is definitely Dominican. Not black at all.

Hes a bigger puncher and better boxer than hankey. He was hankeys original opponent til they swerved him and chose linares.
            Dominicans are notoriously anti-FBA so please don't group them with us.

Comment

Besides the Crawford v Ortiz situation all these other fights are on the same network. No politics involved. You'd think fans would be calling for these fights to get made but these duckers are getting a pass
              You're not wrong, guys are avoiding Slick Fighters for sure but it is not just Mexican Fighters is all I'm saying. Again I have to go back to Tank. Why NOT Tank vs Haney at 135 in Atlanta? Haney is a Free Agent right so he can make a fight with anybody no strings attached

Comment

First off, you’re lying. I doubt you know any Dominicans. Second, even if Dominicans are anti-FBA, the majority of them are still black. Fortuna is a Black man

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  ...Just Like Tank Davis don't even mention Haney either, Jermall Charlo avoiding Andrade too

Honestly...NOBODY wants to fight a Slickster because it is a tough style to deal with regardless of race. Also too, as much as I love slicksters, to the Casual Viewers and even some Hardcores, I can totally understand why that style turn them off because if you match a slickster wrongly you will be stuck with a long boring one sided 12 round fight
                  I think slick is being overused too much. A mover doesn’t have to be a slickster. Andrade didn’t look too good against Williams as the round progressed. Whitaker wouldn’t just lose rounds going against a Williams type…

BJS and Plant are “slicksters.” More “slick” than Andrade…
                  Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

You idiot, If you are African decent you are African decent. Ain’t nothing different from an African decent person from the USA, Dominican, or anywhere else in the Caribbean or around the world. Y’all originated from Africa and your skin color is the same.

I don’t know what the fuk being anti-FBA means, but Fact is the Africano’s outside the USA think that a good portion of USA Africanos are lazy, but fact is y’all are still African decent and black.
                    Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 07-24-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Haney petitioned the WBC to fight Fortuna after his shoulder surgery but Fortuna and Sampson declined. I'd be surprised if DAZN didn't want the Linares fight more than Fortuna since Linares has a bigger name than Fortuna as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X