Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux: Nobody is Talking About My Power, I Feel Like I Am Being Underestimated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    This guy talking about his power lol. Master boxer yes…Power? My sister hits harder than this guy.
    I’ve never seen anyone call Rigondeaux a weak puncher.

I think his fight vs Donaire said it all. In round 1, Rigondeaux quickly caught Donaire with a straight left hand which changed Donaire’s demeanor and body language for the rest of the fight. That left hand made Donaire shy as hell in the ring. Despite the judges attempting to rob Rigondeaux, Donaire was schooled and he wanted no more of that left hand after tasting the first one.

buddyr buddyr BendOver BendOver like this.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong guys I think he is an exceptional fighter and have no hate towards the man. When I think power at Bantam I think Inoue.

Comment

nobody seems to be underestimating rigo at all basing on who boxing fans think will win.... rigo defintely can crack tho esp f you are lungin in and casimero has that tendency but i like his chances here....

Comment

Let's see it then Rigo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jwil20 View Post
            The thing about Cuban boxers you don’t know there age so the drop off can be unexpected. I see Rigo as a gym rat so who knows if or when he will start to really diminish. Let’s not be mistaken Casimero can crack but his style (to me) just so unorthodox and awkward in the bad way. For me Casimero style will make Rigo look impressive but don’t hold me to it. This is boxing as Roger Mayweather said “Most people don’t know ish about boxing”

Sidenote: anybody seen Erislandy Lara? Just crossed my mind.
            Sidenote: anybody seen Erislandy Lara? Just crossed my mind. [/QUOTE]
            Lara was recently seen ktfo out of "Corn Flake" at 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              This guy talking about his power lol. Master boxer yes…Power? My sister hits harder than this guy.
              Then I would hate to be hit by your little sister because she can crack..

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post

Then I would hate to be hit by your little sister because she can crack..
                lol nice…

Comment

Originally posted by Jwil20 View Post

Agreed on both levels. I heard an interview with Donaire where he mentioned before he retires he has to see Rigo again. The look Donaire had on his face was hella deep, never seen him like that. That’s a get back fight regardless of belts Donaire wants to run back.
                  Fulton and Fig winner would make a nice add on but this “round robin” featuring Casimero, Donaire, Rigo, and Inoue is the cat’s pajamas for me.

I really hate covid but the only positive is the lack of dates are making some fighters really have to step up there competition. I don’t know if we would have seen some of the fights past and coming up.

Who you got Fig or Fulton??
                  That's a tough one, but I think Cool Boy Steph wins, because unlike a lot of fighters, he won't fight Fig's fight! He has more tricks in his bag!

Comment

Originally posted by IBOX4LIFE View Post

Sidenote: anybody seen Erislandy Lara? Just crossed my mind.
                    Lara was recently seen ktfo out of "Corn Flake" at 160lbs.[/QUOTE]
                    You can easily know their age. Just go back to their first national tournament. The rivarly between regions in Cuba, is very fierce. Coaches are on top of the birth certificates, since they start competing on regional tournaments. They look older not because age, because is a harsh living. Just look a the Island right now. Patria y Vida...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      That's a tough one, but I think Cool Boy Steph wins, because unlike a lot of fighters, he won't fight Fig's fight! He has more tricks in his bag!
                      Not that I was asked, but I will chime in anyway and agree with you. Steph can win in different ways. Against Leo he proved the point he can win on the inside (granted, Leo doesn't throw the same volume Figueroa). It's possible that Cool Boy gets overwhelmed by Brandon's onslaught but I don't think that's likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X