Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for thinking Bud is the #3 ww for yrs & Porter might win?Does Porter have a case as current #2 ww?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy for thinking Bud is the #3 ww for yrs & Porter might win?Does Porter have a case as current #2 ww?

Just wondering because as you all know I've said for yrs that Porter is the actual #2 ww despite close losses Because hes fought 100x better comp & could've won every fight with different judges.

I just don't see what everyone else sees in Bud at ww,to me he'll never be a atg ww & has no shot vs Spence,even post crash.

I've said for ages that when he finally steps up I think he loses or wins by robbery v Ortiz or even Porter. I think theres good reason why he avoided Porter as long as possible & now had no choice.

I literally said when Bud was 29 yrs old that hed be 34 before finally fighting an elite ww & it looks like I was dead on(I based it on thinking he would become another ggg where his fans would gift him imaginary wins while saying he finally lost once stepped up because hes old,granted he did jump divisions but out of convenience)

I don't give any weight to Bud having a title whatsoever,I think Porters ww resume is much better than Buds overall resume.

Heres an old comment:
    Originally posted by kushking View Post

How is it so hard to understand Spence is consistently making his own path & legacy by fighting elite opponents lil by lil as he builds his profile & legacy,& in the process hes becoming a ppv star & the accident just made his star shine brighter.

But Crawford on the other hand has been fighting nothing but hand picked bums like hewhomwalkon1Leg,AmereCon,KellMetLfaced Brook,Green machine,etc. & he hasn't done jack sht to raise his profile or improve his legacy & his every decision revolves around ducking threats while waiting to cash out vs Spence,it reminds me of ggg vs Canelo in 1 regard,1 guy is trying to make his own destiny while the other waited til middle age basically to step up

(Bud still hasn't stepped up & I've been saying since he was like 29 yrs old that hed be mid 30s before fighting someone good & here we are(everyone on here knows how right my prediction was because I say it constantly)

I used to be a HUGE bud fan but not since I found out what a fraud he is happy to be rated #1 for jack sht because he works for espn whom does the rankings & staff there do rankings for ring & trb
    I don't think Bud is prepared for Porter,not enough high level fights to prepare for his style.
    Last edited by kushking; 07-22-2021, 07:41 PM.

Porter is a very good/awkward fighter. His losses were very close and he is worthy of respect. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
      Porter is a very good/awkward fighter. His losses were very close and he is worthy of respect. Nash out.
      But should he be ranked #2 over Bud?

Comment

Lets put it another way,Bud has never faced a single elite ww,& throughout his career nobody he fought was on Porters current level at the time either.(Postol his best win was a less challenging opponent imho Because Porter has been fighting nothing but killers at ww,& Bud is smaller than Porter,only Indongo was truly bigger than Bud but unskilled)
        Last edited by kushking; 07-22-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

But should he be ranked #2 over Bud?
          I'm content just waiting until after they fight (provided that happens) to rank them. I can see scenarios where each beats the other.

You can make arguments that Porter has fought the better competition at 147 but Porter lost to a guy that Crawford KO'd (albeit a more shopworn version).

Porter is a rough and tough guy who typically is in close fights against the top-level fighters. He gave Spence a tough fight and some think that Ugas deserved the win over Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I'm content just waiting until after they fight (provided that happens) to rank them. I can see scenarios where each beats the other.

You can make arguments that Porter has fought the better competition at 147 but Porter lost to a guy that Crawford KO'd (albeit a more shopworn version).

Porter is a rough and tough guy who typically is in close fights against the top-level fighters. He gave Spence a tough fight and some think that Ugas deserved the win over Showtime.
            Many ppl felt he beat Spence already,while Bud is being considered #2 ww,or even #1(lol) because of eye test & Phantasy matchups hed win. I just don't see why he should be#2 based off what he did at jww,ppl still say ggg is p4p#1 Because he supposedly got robbed(even though I disagree). Porter has an Hof ww resume imho for this era similar to Sweet Pea(of course theres no stars like sweet peas era)
            Last edited by kushking; 07-22-2021, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Many ppl felt he beat Spence already,while Bud is being considered #2 ww,or even #1(lol) because of eye test & Phantasy matchups hed win. I just don't see why he should be#2 based off what he did at jww,ppl still say ggg is p4p#1 Because he supposedly got robbed(even though I disagree). Porter has an Hof ww resume imho for this era similar to Sweet Pea(of course theres no stars like sweet peas era)
              I'm a big fan of Porter. He's not the most beautifully skilled boxer but he's a warrior through and through. He's willing to fight anyone and everyone and doesn't fall into alot of the diva mindset that other fighters do. In addition to that, he comes off as incredibly likable and is someone who makes the sport seem a little classier when he speaks.
              kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

What has Shawn Porter done to deserve a number two ranking?

He lost to Errol Spence, Keith Thurman and Kell Brook.

Hes so good!

lol.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  What has Shawn Porter done to deserve a number two ranking?

He lost to Errol Spence, Keith Thurman and Kell Brook.

Hes so good!

lol.
                  Why was Whitaker so good at ww?(under your logic, because everyone else understands losses don't matter,what matters is how the fight went.)

Comment

Because he was a top p4p fighter who moved up in weight, unified welterweight titles and beat big name fighters at welterweight?

What does that have to do with Shawn Porter?

And are you really equating Shawn Porter to Pernell Whitikar?

LOL. I really can’t believe you just equated Porter to Pernell Whitikar. I feel dirty now.

Why was Whitaker so good at ww?(under your logic, because everyone else understands losses don't matter,what matters is how the fight went.)

Comment

Working...
                    X