Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya vs. Belfort No Longer an Exhibition, Heads To Staples Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If this was mma doe" is all I heard.

War Oscar!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post

You could be right but Oscar has not exactly been living the life of an athlete. Don't be shocked if Oscar sucks.

As for the fast hands thing, it took me about 5 seconds to Google an article crediting him with having among the fastest hands in the UFC. (That was back when he was actually in the UFC obviously)

If you're argument is that all MMA fighters are "slow" compared to boxers then what you are actually referring to is efficiency of technique not actual handspeed.
      Seems to be you who needs to check your "understanding" lol
      Re: bold, that's not what I said.

I said McGregor's strike speed is WAY faster than anything Vitor threw.

The standards were lower back when Vitor was fighting. So "fast" back then, hell, Darnell Boone was faster than that.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I expect that we've not seen how Oscar performs as a light heavy - where he doesn't have to worry about draining and technically could juice his ass off.
        Dude...Oscar's claim to fame was when he was young and had the ability to make light weights where he could out-size very small guys and had an advantage. Belfort is the guy now fighting as light as he ever has (something Oscar could never dream of doing) and Oscar is just a fat old sedentary pumpkin face. Where you one of those guys who thought Chavez Jr was going to KO Silva?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Re: bold, that's not what I said.

I said McGregor's strike speed is WAY faster than anything Vitor threw.

The standards were lower back when Vitor was fighting. So "fast" back then, hell, Darnell Boone was faster than that.
          Vitor didn't fight in the UFC all that long ago. The article that I specifically found was from 2012. I would expect McGregor to be faster considering his largest weight class was still one below Vitors smallest. You must be remembering wrong or something. Vitor could put his hands together quite quickly for a 205 and 185lber. Not even going to address that Darnell Boone nonsense haha!

Comment

Originally posted by War Room

The word two isn't even in that article. You're buggin.

I would have tko'd Belfort in his prime just hands and I've only got amateur fights. Belfort is a bum!
            I am telling you it's gonna be 2 minute rounds. Do a little research outside of boxingscene who didn't give the full scope. It's gonna be eight two minute rounds at 180lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

I am telling you it's gonna be 2 minute rounds. Do a little research outside of boxingscene who didn't give the full scope. It's gonna be eight two minute rounds at 180lbs.
              Yup...

The fight, between 48-year-old De Lay Hoya and 44-year-old Belfort - is set to be a sanctioned professional contest, taking place at Staples Center, Los Angeles over eight two-minute rounds at 180lb.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...world-24591107
              jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Victor Belfort has been around forever. I just remember watching him in the 90s during Tank Abbot days lol. I liked him because he was a good striker by MMA standards but how long has he been retired?

oscar is going to whoop his ass severely.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post

Yup...

The fight, between 48-year-old De Lay Hoya and 44-year-old Belfort - is set to be a sanctioned professional contest, taking place at Staples Center, Los Angeles over eight two-minute rounds at 180lb.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...world-24591107
                  I told that dude, thanks for posting a link. I just don't like it, if this is a sanctioned bout it needs to be three minute rounds. This isn't womens boxing, if they can't compete in three minute rounds then this should stay an exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Victor Belfort has been around forever. I just remember watching him in the 90s during Tank Abbot days lol. I liked him because he was a good striker by MMA standards but how long has he been retired?

oscar is going to whoop his ass severely.
                    Idk if it's TRT Vitor he may hurt Oscar lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X