Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya vs. Belfort No Longer an Exhibition, Heads To Staples Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't watch this because it'd be endorsing Oscar doing anything that isn't seeking help. Bad idea, we don't want fighters risking their well being in comebacks like this so I will vote with my wallet/my decisions and bypass this one. Plenty of good boxing coming up, I'll let my girlfriend make our plans for that weekend LOL

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Problem is Belfort hasn't been a boxer AND he's never been a fast guy, so it really does depend on what Oscar looks like when he shows up.

Round 1 will tell us the outcome.
      Belfort is very fast and a killer. He had a pro boxing fight 15 years ago that ended in a first round KO. He has always used boxing in training as part of his MMA training. He is much more powerful than anyone Oscar has ever faced and was training for an MMA comeback in 2020 so is already in much better shape than Oscar was before he fought Manny when he had to quit on the stools. Belfort will KO pumpkin face in short order.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
      Last edited by jaded; 07-22-2021, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Definitely tuning in
        Boxfan83 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
          Definitely tuning in
          I am starting to feel bad for Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

I am starting to feel bad for Oscar.
            Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post

Belfort is very fast and a killer. He had a pro boxing fight 15 years ago that ended in a first round KO. He has always used boxing in training as part of his MMA training. He is much more powerful than anyone Oscar has ever faced and was training for an MMA comeback in 2020 so is already in much better shaper than Oscar was before he fought Manny when he had to quit on the stools. Belfort will KO pumpkin face in short order.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
              I'm sorry if you think that's "fast". It really isn't, not when you compare to long term pro boxers.

Sebastian Formella throws faster than that.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post

When Belfort first appeared in the early UFC, he had lightning quick hands, and they were hyping him up as possible for the Brazilian boxing team for the Olympics. I haven't followed mma in a long time, but last time I checked his wiki entry, it seems his body has been ruined by years of steroid abuse?
                We need to stop comparing MMA striking to boxing. The gloves are the difference.

That's why McGregor got knocked out by, and couldn't hurt, a smaller guy with brittle hands. McGregor strikes faster than Belfort ever did and he got handled.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Why is that?
                  He just doesnt seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I'm sorry if you think that's "fast". It really isn't, not when you compare to long term pro boxers.

Sebastian Formella throws faster than that.

Belfort will walk right through Oscar’s punches and KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

He just doesnt seem right.
                      Idk bro i mean he just lost boxings biggest money maker and now has his 2nd most popular fighter acting like a big diva (thanks to carnelo). Maybe he has to do this?

Comment

Working...
                      X