Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya vs. Belfort No Longer an Exhibition, Heads To Staples Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Problem is Belfort hasn't been a boxer AND he's never been a fast guy, so it really does depend on what Oscar looks like when he shows up.

Round 1 will tell us the outcome.

Vitor was a boxer he had a few amateur fights and even a pro bout which he won via first round K.O
    He has also trained his boxing under Pedro Diaz for years

Comment

Now I am in noway saying Vitor wins this but he does have hands for an MMA fighter.
      He's also twice Oscars size and can bang and if there is no testing for this fight, jeez.

I'm getting the same vibes I am from the Silva vs Chavez farce and feeling this could well end up a blackeye for the sport.

Comment

Comment

Pro debut from 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Vitor was a boxer he had a few amateur fights and even a pro bout which he won via first round K.O
            He has also trained his boxing under Pedro Diaz for years
            He also was very well known for having fast hands haha! Not sure where that poster was getting their info.

Are they actually righting at 175 though? I'm not sure if Belfort is even physically capable of cutting that low.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrog View Post

He also was very well known for having fast hands haha! Not sure where that poster was getting their info.

Are they actually righting at 175 though? I'm not sure if Belfort is even physically capable of cutting that low.
              You guys don't understand "fast" hands. He does not and did not have fast hands for a boxer. There's a damn difference, and Oscar de la Taint is going to showcase that.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

You guys don't understand "fast" hands. He does not and did not have fast hands for a boxer. There's a damn difference, and Oscar de la Taint is going to showcase that.
                You could be right but Oscar has not exactly been living the life of an athlete. Don't be shocked if Oscar sucks.

As for the fast hands thing, it took me about 5 seconds to Google an article crediting him with having among the fastest hands in the UFC. (That was back when he was actually in the UFC obviously)

If you're argument is that all MMA fighters are "slow" compared to boxers then what you are actually referring to is efficiency of technique not actual handspeed.
                Seems to be you who needs to check your "understanding" lol

Comment

who sell more ppv buys canelo or Oscar. ?

Comment

How is this an actual fight when they are in the same weight class? Belfort fought at 205 pounds and heavyweight as an MMA, fighter appears to be a middleweight or supermiddleweight when you see him recently.

Comment

Neither one will past a drug test, DLH is the biggest coke sniffer in boxing history next to Tyson Fury and Belfort is a steroid user.

Comment

Working...
                      X