Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Usyk is Just as Good as Fury, He Will Definitely Step Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Usyk most recent fight: 217lbs
    Joshua most recent fight: 241 lbs

There's plenty of reason to believe it will be even closer for this fight, but ignoring that, we have 28lbs difference between the numbers above. So false to your LW vs SMW comparison.

And if weight disparities are so essential in HW boxing, you must have been really impressed by Joshua-Ruiz II, when Joshua overcame a 47 pound difference.
    Another guy who do t know sheeit about boxing. Usk is a blown up cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post

Using the toilet paper belts as an excuse to fight no hoper Usyk instead of seeking out the best. That is a "true champion"? lol.
      You probably didn't pay attention, but the remaining two best in the division (Fury and, if you will, Wilder) are fighting each other so they are out of the picture for AJ. Usyk is mandatory, which leaves AJ with little choice since he wants to keep the belt. Paper or not - this belt is an objective measure of who the champion is these days. So... who should AJ have dropped the belt for? Who is this mysterious somebody, who is not Fury or Wilder and would give AJ such an amazing challenge that it would be worth dumping the belt for? Whyte for the 2nd time? Ruiz for the third time? 42 y.o. Ortiz? Think before you speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

I'm no Wilder fan but look whos Biased.
        4 of rematch clauses last 6 opponents have been 38-41 year's old, shot & way past they're primes & In between he got ktfo by #15 Ruiz. Rematch clause still hasn't boxed a top 2 heavyweight.
        Wilder is lined up to fight the widely regarded on every ranking system world number 1 for the 3rd time out of 5 & one of those was Brazeale that rematch clause took was it 8 rounds of hitting him with the kitchen sink that Wilder destroyed in 1.

All 3 have s#it resumes if without the other 2 names on it.

Aj even has rematch clauses for mandatories which is completely against what mandatories stand for. Pathetic.
        Joshua’s resume is significantly stronger than Wilder’s

Wilder’s resume is absolute trash, let’s be honest for a second. Other than Fury not a single one of Wilder’s opponents have gone on to do anything even remotely impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post

Joshua’s resume is significantly stronger than Wilder’s

Wilder’s resume is absolute trash, let’s be honest for a second. Other than Fury not a single one of Wilder’s opponents have gone on to do anything even remotely impressive.
          Not a single one of his opponents did anything particularly impressive before him either.

Add this to the fact that his more recent opponents like Szipilka and Washington have been blasted out in even simpler fashion by the likes of Chisora and Charles Martin, and no doubt he’s arguably the most overrated champion in history.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Another guy who do t know sheeit about boxing. Usk is a blown up cruiser.
            Be kind and point out what I wrote that was false. The numbers I stated are facts.

Comment

To a certain extent Anthony is right. Skill wise, Usyk most certainly is as good as fury. It’s Usyk size or lack thereof. If AJ and Usyk was both some size then this fight would be a cakewalk for Oleksandr, unfortunately for him he’s not.

Definitely early rounds to be won for Usyk as Joshua will be extremely cagey and nervous to begin with, he always does when facing a live dog.

Personally I’m looking forward to this fight and a potential Sequel. I’m going to put money down on Usyk as he will be underdog but I see it as 60-40 Joshua atm.
              Last edited by GucciGod; 07-21-2021, 02:52 PM. Reason: Wrote possible trilogy, meant Sequel*
              Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Be kind and point out what I wrote that was false. The numbers I stated are facts.
                So is TRUE fighting weight but that goes over your head but it’s no skin off my nose. Let’s move on shall we?

Comment

"Will I fight Fury, Wilder, Dillian Whyte, Andy Ruiz, Luis Ortiz? Who knows. I have to stay on track and ready for each fight, but have a long-term plan. It's about the belts, not the person. I don't mind who it is. I want to fight for legacy."

At this point, fighting grandpa Ortiz is not a legacy builder, it's elder abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    So many of you lot are selling Usyk short and I’m really not getting why. Is he in any way inferior to Parker and no matter what the score cards said that fight with Parker was close. Is Usyk somehow inferior to Ruiz?
                    It does not matter which HW did well vs AJ.

Juan Manuel Marquez>Zab Judah.

Zab Judah did okay vs Mayweather. Everyone would agree JMM is superior to Judah. But JMM could not win a round vs Mayweather, while Judah won like 4 and unofficially KD’ed Mayweather.

Issue here was JMM was a 135lb fighter coming up in weight.

So yes, Usyk is, P4P, superior to Ruiz and Parker. So is Lomachenko, Canelo, Taylor, etc. But that doesn’t mean Lomachenko, Canelo, or Taylor can go up to HW and do as good or better than Ruiz or Parker vs AJ. They’re too small. Ruiz was heavier than AJ on fight night, both nights. 268lbs in the fight Ruiz won. Parker was 236lbs vs AJ. Usyk weighs 215lbs. Usyk weighed 217lbs vs Chisora (255lbs) and looked mediocre vs a low level HW.

As much as fans want to downplay weight/size, it matters. It’s in place for a reason.

Comment

usyk going to have to do a lot of ducking and diving unless he wants that tooth gap opened up

Comment

Working...
                      X