Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: Wilder Might Be Biggest Puncher Since Mike Tyson, But No Skillset To Match It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I believe Deontay Wilder is skilled but, he lacks defensive discipline ; the source of this flaw is his incredible punching power. Here is a sample of Deontay's applying his knowledge of setting traps and dropping the undefeated most dangerous HW contender at the time, a prime Luis 'King-Kong' Ortiz :

the 'Bronze-Bomber' knew the dangers of being against the ropes vs. 'King-Kong' and that Luis Ortiz was setting him up for the left straight coming from the south-paw stance, so Wilder changed his course and stepped to his left, away from Ortiz left ; at the same time Wilder used his footwork to draw Ortiz into the line of Deontay's jab, and the 'Bronze-Bomber' successfully managed to drop Luis Ortiz with a jab, whilst avoiding the dangerous left.

Now I know that the ref ( David Fields ) must of thought that Deontay is ****** ( like most poster on NSB ), I didn't just see that! No this must of been a slipped and Fields ruled it as such. I dont know about too many HW's being able to drop the slick top 5 Luis Ortiz like that.

I say this is evidence of a skillful boxer.
    You really had to dig deep to find your evidence.
    Not skill, Ortiz ran into the jab. Fury will be giving another clinic on the jab soon.. You wrote 3 paragraphs of BS to say what? The boxing moron you are.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

All guys have moments of ''wow''...For the most part, Wilder defines clumsy. When he goes in for the attack, looks like he's about to throw himself out the ring
      Originally posted by petero View Post

You really had to dig deep to find your evidence.
      Not skill, Ortiz ran into the jab. Fury will be giving another clinic on the jab soon.. You wrote 3 paragraphs of BS to say what? The boxing moron you are.
      Guys, I know that the thought of Deontay being able to out-box Luis Ortiz worries you. But how are you going to take the new and improved Deontay Wilder under coach Malik Scott? I dont know about you, but I'm excited.
      KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Guys, I know that the thought of Deontay being able to out-box Luis Ortiz worries you. But how are you going to take the new and improved Deontay Wilder under coach Malik Scott? I dont know about you, but I'm excited.
        We don't know if Malik made a difference until fight night. I'm excited but that excitement might be dashed if there are no improvements or if Wilder reverts to his windmill technique...win or lose.

Comment

Hilarious people really think that “future hof trainer”(LOL)Malik Scott is suddenly going to change old Windmill Wacky Wilder into a jabbing combo throwing fighter overnight. Other than the blessing of a powerful right hand - He is what he is - bird-legged, almost clumsy, terrible balance/footwork, trash-talking clown of a Hw with no inside game to speak of! It will b the same old Buuuuuuuuumsquad after about 30 seconds into rd one.

Comment

Yeah we know you get excited when the Bronze Bum is mentioned. That's when you switch to 1minCum.

Comment

Wilder has the skill set to be able to land those ridiculous power shots and that's why Bellew lost his bottle
              FlyingFJ FlyingFJ likes this.

Comment

Scott has been working with Wilder for years. The only change is that he's been promoted to head coach and will be in charge of the corner during the fight, trying to keep Wilder focused on whatever game plan he's concocted. That's the reason why Malick got upset and ran off crying after Fury reminded him ... "They all have a plan until they get punched in the mouth"
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-05-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The only thing we know Malik Scott is good at is taking dives and possibly getting idiots to subscribe to his OF account. Until this fight is complete and we see for ourselves if Scott changed anything for Wilder, he is still an unknown.

Comment

wilder has no skill set!, u have got to be joking me, he had plenty of skill sets, nobody for example can make up a story like wilder, nobody

Comment

The fact that Wilder could be a long reigning champ while hardly knowing how to fight and losing nearly every round to every opponent he’s fought has always been embarrassing to the sport. That’s not just Tony’s narrative, that’s the way Wilder is discussed after every fight on any show or podcast that discusses the fight. Hell, the number of YouTube videos mocking his bench pressing alone has been embarrassing. THE absolute definition of a one trick pony. Without his power I wouldn’t even pick him to beat the YouTube kids that have knocked boxing down several pegs already.
                      Last edited by Motofan; 07-05-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X