Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: Wilder Might Be Biggest Puncher Since Mike Tyson, But No Skillset To Match It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post

I'd say third time's a charm, but not in this case!
    You did notice how Wilder wore a costume in the 1st fight, yes ?
    Kenny Useless was not the ref, yes ?
    Fury couldn't do shlt most of the fight, yes ?

So while costumes weren't to blame, it must have been something (someONE) else.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Yeah it was probably the fact that Fury was further than 6 months out of his 2 year 300lb drug binge tbh

Comment

Wilder could walk into the ring bollock naked and have his brother as the ref, and it won't make a bit of difference.

Fury is LEVELS above Wilder and always will be.

3-0
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Regardless of Tony's failures, Wilder is not very ''skilled''. Having power is nice, though.

I believe Deontay Wilder is skilled but, he lacks defensive discipline ; the source of this flaw is his incredible punching power. Here is a sample of Deontay's applying his knowledge of setting traps and dropping the undefeated most dangerous HW contender at the time, a prime Luis 'King-Kong' Ortiz :

the 'Bronze-Bomber' knew the dangers of being against the ropes vs. 'King-Kong' and that Luis Ortiz was setting him up for the left straight coming from the south-paw stance, so Wilder changed his course and stepped to his left, away from Ortiz left ; at the same time Wilder used his footwork to draw Ortiz into the line of Deontay's jab, and the 'Bronze-Bomber' successfully managed to drop Luis Ortiz with a jab, whilst avoiding the dangerous left.

Now I know that the ref ( David Fields ) must of thought that Deontay is ****** ( like most poster on NSB ), I didn't just see that! No this must of been a slipped and Fields ruled it as such. I dont know about too many HW's being able to drop the slick top 5 Luis Ortiz like that.

I say this is evidence of a skillful boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Yeah it was probably the fact that Fury was further than 6 months out of his 2 year 300lb drug binge tbh
            Was't Fury heavier in the rematch ? IDRC
            Nevertheless, light hitting Fury NEVER subjected that kind of damage on a person before and I doubt it will happen again.

Comment

Wilder could walk into the ring bollock naked and have his brother as the ref, and it won't make a bit of difference.

Fury is LEVELS above Wilder and always will be.

3-0
              I'm 1 strike away from striking out but DW gonna give me redemption

(DW got lazy in thE 1st fight)

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I believe Deontay Wilder is skilled but, he lacks defensive discipline ; the source of this flaw is his incredible punching power. Here is a sample of Deontay's applying his knowledge of setting traps and dropping the undefeated most dangerous HW contender at the time, a prime Luis 'King-Kong' Ortiz :

the 'Bronze-Bomber' knew the dangers of being against the ropes vs. 'King-Kong' and that Luis Ortiz was setting him up for the left straight coming from the south-paw stance, so Wilder changed his course and stepped to his left, away from Ortiz left ; at the same time Wilder used his footwork to draw Ortiz into the line of Deontay's jab, and the 'Bronze-Bomber' successfully managed to drop Luis Ortiz with a jab, whilst avoiding the dangerous left.

Now I know that the ref ( David Fields ) must of thought that Deontay is ****** ( like most poster on NSB ), I didn't just see that! No this must of been a slipped and Fields ruled it as such. I dont know about too many HW's being able to drop the slick top 5 Luis Ortiz like that.

I say this is evidence of a skillful boxer.
                All guys have moments of ''wow''...For the most part, Wilder defines clumsy. When he goes in for the attack, looks like he's about to throw himself out the ring

Comment

I'm 1 strike away from striking out but DW gonna give me redemption

(DW got lazy in thE 1st fight)
                  Remember that Fury had only been training in the Kronk for a month before the second fight....

This time, there's a real good chance that Fury ends his life, especially now Breiland isn't there to save him.

Would you go to Wilder's funeral?

Comment

Remember that Fury had only been training in the Kronk for a month before the second fight....

This time, there's a real good chance that Fury ends his life, especially now Breiland isn't there to save him.

Would you go to Wilder's funeral?
                    Training isn't a strong suit for Fury. I would never point to his body and say ''yep, that's the goal''

All of that damage and DW still alive enough to get that 3rd fight. Won't be no funerals.

Comment

“Think about this, if Tyson Fury gets dropped by Anthony Joshua, do you genuinely believe he’s going to be able to see out the round? Anthony Joshua is one of the best finishers”.
                      I clearly recall Joshua dropping Ruiz and then getting dropped twice himself in that same round soooo….yes, if Fury were to get dropped by Joshua there’s a good chance he’d still make it out the round.
                      denium denium likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X