Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Batyr Akhmedov: I Made Mistakes, Let Them Steal The Barrios Fight Away From Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Batyr Akhmedov: I Made Mistakes, Let Them Steal The Barrios Fight Away From Me

ATLANTA - Batyr Akhmedov doesn't blame anyone but himself for his controversial loss to Mario Barrios. Akhmedov is certain he did enough to beat Barrios in their 12-round fight for the then-vacant WBA world super lightweight title in September 2019. Uzbekistan's Akhmedov knew, though, that if he didn't dominate Barrios, he'd have a tough time beating Barrios on the scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Batyr proved to be tough in the Barrios loss but he still lost rds 1-4 easy plus he was knocked down in the 4th and the ref missed a kd in the 2nd rd. A lot of middle rds were close and easily couldve went to Barrios.

Tanks team mustve seen that Barrios gets hit if you make him go back. Barrios can crack though and carries power early and late.

Comment

The headline was a little "clickbait" like, as Batyr owned his mistakes and the loss. A true way to man up. No, I do not think it was debatable, Barrios won. But Batyr proved he was world class in the fight and in this interview. Find myself cheering for him tonight.
      TrillScottHeron TrillScottHeron likes this.

Comment

I thought Akhmedov won as well but getting knocked down twice sealed the deal for Barrios.

Akhmedov wasn't hurt but the KDs were legit.

Comment

Working...
        X