Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Nakatani - Face-Off at Final Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Photos: Lomachenko, Nakatani - Face-Off at Final Press Conference

    Lomachenko, Nakatani Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - Former pound-for-pound king Vasiliy Lomachenko is ready for the next chapter. Eight months after losing an undisputed lightweight title match to Teofimo Lopez, "Loma" returns Saturday night in a 12-round lightweight bout against Japanese contender Masayoshi Nakatani at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Gonna be a good scrap!

    Comment


    • #3
      No more tall fighters for Teo. Nah.

      Comment


      • #4
        I just hope that Lomachenko is Ok. I hope that he is not a broken fighter now since he has lost to Teofimo Lopez; To the point of where he stops believing in himself.

        A loss can have devastating psychological effects on a fighter. Roy Jones, Jr was never the same fighter once he lost to Antonio Tarver.

        Also, neither was Victor Ortiz and Adrien Broner were ever the same fighters after they lost to Marcos Maidana.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I just hope that Lomachenko is Ok. I hope that he is not a broken fighter now since he has lost to Teofimo Lopez; To the point of where he stops believing in himself.

          A loss can have devastating psychological effects on a fighter. Roy Jones, Jr was never the same fighter once he lost to Antonio Tarver.

          Also, neither was Victor Ortiz and Adrien Broner were ever the same fighters after they lost to Marcos Maidana.
          Loma already had a loss to Salido tho

          and Ortiz came back and beat Berto after Maidana
          Castilo and Ropeydope like this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I just hope that Lomachenko is Ok. I hope that he is not a broken fighter now since he has lost to Teofimo Lopez; To the point of where he stops believing in himself.

            A loss can have devastating psychological effects on a fighter. Roy Jones, Jr was never the same fighter once he lost to Antonio Tarver.

            Also, neither was Victor Ortiz and Adrien Broner were ever the same fighters after they lost to Marcos Maidana.
            Loma was 396-1 as an amateur. He's been in title fights since his pro debut. Hes a freak of nature. All great fighters lose fights. Duran, Hagler, Ali, Robinson, Leonard . And not only late in their careers , actually alot lost early in their careers. The list goes on. The great Lomachenko a " broken fighter " ??? . I've read everything now. Lomachenko is a throw back . He wanted titles in his first pro fight. And never looked back. None of this "padding " the record for pretty zeroes , ie , 27-0 against nobody's. Loma lost to Lopez . He ain't sweating it. Lopez wants nothing to do with Loma again and he's stated that publicly, many times. Take this to the bank, Loma isn't a " broken fighter " and he hasn't stopped believing in himself. And yes, I had Lopez winning that fight. Loma is 14-2 as a pro. 15 of those 16 fights have been title fights. This isn't any Broner or Ortiz. My god.
            Last edited by breeto80; 06-24-2021, 06:01 PM.
            Castilo, Slowhand and 3 others like this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Incredibile height difference!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post

                Loma already had a loss to Salido tho

                and Ortiz came back and beat Berto after Maidana
                You make a good point! However, that was years ago in only his second professional fight before he became a former world champion in three separate weight classes and the best pound for pound best fighter in the world.

                Also, after the Maidana fight; Ortiz was still labeled a quitter despite defeating Berto. Both his reputation and career was never able live that stigma down. He remained that way for the balance of his boxing career. He never recovered from it. It ruined him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I’ve been following Lopez since the cradle and was genuinely happy for him when he shocked the world on that night, but let’s not lose touch with reality. He edged out a split decision against a first round hall of famer who has moved up beyond his natural weight to find some worthy competition. The fact that Lopez won’t even entertain a rematch when it’s arguably the most lucrative option on the table, speakers to the real sitch. Nakatani will be easy work. Don’t expect another Verdejo type upset. Remember, after Lomachenko lost to Salido he came back and beat Garry Russel Jr. convincingly. IOW. Let’s not try to pretend Lopez put a beating on him like Fury did Wilder in the rematch. Let’s keep it real. I would have less confidence in Lopez beating Loma in a rematch than Nakatani landing anything significant against the Matrix in 12 rounds.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

                    Loma was 396-1 as an amateur. He's been in title fights since his pro debut. Hes a freak of nature. All great fighters lose fights. Duran, Hagler, Ali, Robinson, Leonard . And not only late in their careers , actually alot lost early in their careers. The list goes on. The great Lomachenko a " broken fighter " ??? . I've read everything now. Lomachenko is a throw back . He wanted titles in his first pro fight. And never looked back. None of this "padding " the record for pretty zeroes , ie , 27-0 against nobody's. Loma lost to Lopez . He ain't sweating it. Lopez wants nothing to do with Loma again and he's stated that publicly, many times. Take this to the bank, Loma isn't a " broken fighter " and he hasn't stopped believing in himself. And yes, I had Lopez winning that fight. Loma is 14-2 as a pro. 15 of those 16 fights have been title fights. This isn't any Broner or Ortiz. My god.
                    Well, I think he is already a broken fighter. Well at least he appeared that way in his last fight in which he lost to Teofimo Lopez; Where he spotted him the first seven rounds before engaging as if he had no more life or fight him. He basically quit. If he isn't broken then why didn't he show it against Lopez that night?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP