Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn on Signing Fighters, Releasing Fighters, Inking Olympians, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn on Signing Fighters, Releasing Fighters, Inking Olympians, More

Eddie Hearn says that he expects members of his stable will be approached by promoters working for Sky, but he does not expect any exodus of talent since his switch from Sky to DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I do like the idea of boxers fighting all over the world. A lot of the time English guys just fight other English guys on the domestic level, be good to see them branch out. Viva la Fury.

Comment

Competition is healthy, I like that sky is continuing and and opportunities to bring in new promoters to come up is excellent. Not sure how dayzin U.K. is run but here in the USA there is no advertising or promotion for the fights. I just don’t see how stars can be made on dayzin. Which of course is why young Edward wants to lure pbc and top rank stars with big purses and contracts with the app.
      My guess is sky does well without matchroom, again, competition is a good thing. Not that young Edward had a monopoly as Warren seems to have all the global level British talent
      Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-22-2021, 10:08 AM.
      !-1 and champion4ever like this.

Comment

Hearn and his fighters will be rich as Midas while DAZN will be bankrupt. The only 2 big fights they are working on is Clenelo/Plant and AJ/Usyk and both those fights are trash that no one wants to see. Those 2 fights will cost 60+ million and will generate about 6 million in income for DAZN.

Comment

Good luck on signing Olympians Eddie because no fighter wants to begin their professional careers by fighting underground on the world wide web with no television exposure involved. They will be very hard to find and noticed that way. You will have trouble building their profiles and a fanbase among the casual fan on DAZN.
          !-1 and Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
            Hearn and his fighters will be rich as Midas while DAZN will be bankrupt. The only 2 big fights they are working on is Clenelo/Plant and AJ/Usyk and both those fights are trash that no one wants to see. Those 2 fights will cost 60+ million and will generate about 6 million in income for DAZN.
            I’m guessing FOX gets the plant fight. The promotion of the fight suits FOX more than it does dayzin. That is unless dayzin deliberately lets people know they can see the fight for $20 rather than $80, this will take them
            actually promoting and advertising though. I’ve heard dayzin does PPV now but I don’t know what they charge for that since I don’t trade with dayzin.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’m guessing FOX gets the plant fight. The promotion of the fight suits FOX more than it does dayzin. That is unless dayzin deliberately lets people know they can see the fight for $20 rather than $80, this will take them
              actually promoting and advertising though. I’ve heard dayzin does PPV now but I don’t know what they charge for that since I don’t trade with dayzin.
              I agree with the fact they dont promote any fights they have on the app. It would be beneficial to pay for advertising on cable tv for their fighters. Especially the bigger names or the up and comers. Promotion is key to reaching the broader audience that really doesnt the regular boxing schedule. I noticed ESPN has been promoting Lomo again and it's odd to me they promote him but most Top Rank fighters only get a slight mention during a broadcast. There really isnt any loud mouth Don King promoters anymore that tried to stay in front of any camera that would show their face. Don King was a douche bag but he at least got fighters names out there for the public to hear it.

Comment

You'll find that World Wide Web thing you talk of actually is really popular ..

Foxes average viewers post pandemic dropped to 847K to give you an idea how pathetic that is ..

Hughie Fury (who know one care s about) beat Sam Sexton(who know one cares about) a couple of years back on Channel5 in the UK (which no one watches) and drew 2.9 million viewers with a promoter Mick Hennessey (who even his own mother doesn't know)

Soon you'll have more people from outside the US watching those US shows than anything ESPN or FOX can manage given the numbers Coppinger was quoting and the new launches I don't think thats even debatable now.

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Good luck on signing Olympians Eddie because no fighter wants to begin their professional careers by fighting underground on the world wide web with no television exposure involved. They will be very hard to find and noticed that way. You will have trouble building their profiles and a fanbase among the casual fan on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Ya I’m sure canelo and “dayzin” will overlook the fact that plant is a scrub with a weak resume and no fans and just hand canelo over to them on a platter. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I agree with the fact they dont promote any fights they have on the app. It would be beneficial to pay for advertising on cable tv for their fighters. Especially the bigger names or the up and comers. Promotion is key to reaching the broader audience that really doesnt the regular boxing schedule. I noticed ESPN has been promoting Lomo again and it's odd to me they promote him but most Top Rank fighters only get a slight mention during a broadcast. There really isnt any loud mouth Don King promoters anymore that tried to stay in front of any camera that would show their face. Don King was a douche bag but he at least got fighters names out there for the public to hear it.
                    Don King was the greatest promoter in history for the fans….definitely not for the fighters. His PPV cards were legendary

Comment

Working...
                    X