Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Never Got Buzzed By Montiel; He Challenged Me; I Stood Up To The Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlo was suppose to win and he did against a guy whose average at best.
    a nice safe fight that didn’t look all that easy.
    That said, Charlo looked like sheeit at the weight in. He needs to go up in weight.

Comment

I didnt say he was hurt, I said he was lumped up. For what ever reason, it's becoming a regular occurrence. Some say, making weight is at fault, but Korobov was early on. I think this is it, last stop, he's fodder at 168.

Comment

Guy is like 31, his brother is doing big things. He is still fighting “Showcase” fights, having been a pro for like 13 years. Canelo is younger or around the same age and it’s like day and night in terms of achievements and resume. He really needs to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          He got hurt lol. I even had two people text me during the fight when it happened.
          Exactly he was hurt twice in the 8th and 10th rounds he's lucky Montiel couldn't finish him

Comment

I give a lot of credit to Montiel, he was tougher than I thought.

Although we can criticise Charlo for not blasting Montiel out of there as easily as we thought, he still won comfortably.

I wouldn't favour him against Canelo, but he's a world class fighter. Also, after Showtime's All Access show, I do appreciate fighters more, for their dedication and sacrifices they make.

It's about as good a build up show of fights as the old Hbo 24/7.
            batista84 batista84 likes this.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Charlo and was pulling for the upset. He was supposed to look spectacular and he didn't. He was visibly hurt several times to the body in that fight and took some punishment to the face as well.

That being said, he didn't look great prior to the fight. Very weight drained. Maybe he had a bad camp, didn't take the fight prep seriously, or maybe he needs to move up.

​​​​​​​He's not the first guy to look bad in a hometown showcase. I remember Holyfield getting rocked by Bert Cooper in Atlanta and more recently Hurd and J-Rock lost homecoming fights in back to back fashion.

Comment

I've never seen anyone fight that "herky-jerky style" that Montiel displayed, and he was slow, but he kept landing on Charlo, and hurt him a few times...I kept thinking, Montiel is tough as nails, but he definitely needs a good trainer and he might do something, but not with his uncles as trainers...it was like, what the hell is that??

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  I said it several times that the weight cut and the level he drained himself would effect his performance. He looked like he had no coordination, power, balance, or stamina. Now having said that, it says a lot about his talent and standing that such a dominant points win is considered a poor performance for him….
                  I don't think his weight has anything to do with his performance, he faced a very tough ankward southpaw, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasy5021 View Post
                    At least Charlo wasn't a loser about how he won. I like class and he showed it. I am glad someone gave him a rough fight (though he won every rd in my book). This Charlo has 3 weaknesses.. Uppercuts, body shots, and stanima. Its not the first time ive seen this. Regardless, i think he can have some awesome wars if he chooses to
                    He handled hsi win with such high class, he gave Montiel props and that says a lot about him. Lot of people now saying he is a bum is crazy, I still think he gives anyone 160-168 a tough fight, Charlo is top level. It just that Montiel was so ankward that it made things harder than they were supposed to be.

Styles makes fights.
                    Last edited by batista84; 06-22-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BestPR View Post
                      I've never seen anyone fight that "herky-jerky style" that Montiel displayed, and he was slow, but he kept landing on Charlo, and hurt him a few times...I kept thinking, Montiel is tough as nails, but he definitely needs a good trainer and he might do something, but not with his uncles as trainers...it was like, what the hell is that??
                      Jorge Cota and Jose Uzcategui both fight similarly at times.

Comment

Working...
                      X