Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm. NSB says I'm crazy thinking Wilder has a shot? Here's Wilder doing jump rope like NO other heavyweight does or can

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revelated: so no eye test when watching actual fights, but yes to eye test when watching fighters jumping rope?

Resume says 0-1-1 vs same guy

Comment

Incoming "I lost to Fury again because I used the wrong skipping rope, Furys team swapped it for a heavier one"

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        Revelated: so no eye test when watching actual fights, but yes to eye test when watching fighters jumping rope?

Resume says 0-1-1 vs same guy
        I never said Wilder is guaranteed to beat Fury, I said he has a shot to, because Malik is taking him back to basics. Which everyone agrees he desperately needed. And he'd been in this for almost a year now. To me that's significant, because he wasn't knocked out cold against Fury.

I see a guy who's angry beyond words, who wants to channel that anger, with a trainer that is forcing him to do the stuff he should have been doing all along. Which skews the odds.

Even the bookies don't have it a clear win for Fury. That should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I never said Wilder is guaranteed to beat Fury, I said he has a shot to, because Malik is taking him back to basics. Which everyone agrees he desperately needed. And he'd been in this for almost a year now. To me that's significant, because he wasn't knocked out cold against Fury.

I see a guy who's angry beyond words, who wants to channel that anger, with a trainer that is forcing him to do the stuff he should have been doing all along. Which skews the odds.

Even the bookies don't have it a clear win for Fury. That should tell you something.
          He has a shot just wondering why you are embracing the eye test for jumping rope when you seem very against such test when watching, say, a Terence Crawford fight.

I'm sure TC jumps rope a lot better than Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

He has a shot just wondering why you are embracing the eye test for jumping rope when you seem very against such test when watching, say, a Terence Crawford fight.

I'm sure TC jumps rope a lot better than Wilder
            You seriously don't understand - or are you trolling?

If you see a fighter do something he hasn't done for YEARS...that fighter has now evolved. Which changes the game. It's no longer a sure bet.

If Wilder came into this fight still refusing to do basic fundamentals, yes, I'd give it to Fury.

But Malik is drilling him hard on the stuff he should have been doing.

Imagine what kind of fighter he would have been if he had fundamentals along with power.

That's a far cry from a guy who, even while doing what he was multiple-times trained to do, gets two-pieced, wobbled and dropped by a guy that nobody can pronounce his name properly.

Or completely outjabbed by two faded former champions.

Or completely outboxed by a cripple.

Crawford has shown me something - he's shown me vulnerabilities that tell me he's got no chance if he steps up.

Now, if he fights someone in the Top 5, and completely dominates them without any of the above happening, I would acknowledge it. But he hasn't. And won't.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

You seriously don't understand - or are you trolling?

If you see a fighter do something he hasn't done for YEARS...that fighter has now evolved. Which changes the game. It's no longer a sure bet.

If Wilder came into this fight still refusing to do basic fundamentals, yes, I'd give it to Fury.

But Malik is drilling him hard on the stuff he should have been doing.

Imagine what kind of fighter he would have been if he had fundamentals along with power.

That's a far cry from a guy who, even while doing what he was multiple-times trained to do, gets two-pieced, wobbled and dropped by a guy that nobody can pronounce his name properly.

Or completely outjabbed by two faded former champions.

Or completely outboxed by a cripple.

Crawford has shown me something - he's shown me vulnerabilities that tell me he's got no chance if he steps up.

Now, if he fights someone in the Top 5, and completely dominates them without any of the above happening, I would acknowledge it. But he hasn't. And won't.
              If Crawford fought someone in the top 5 who was coming off a 2yr coke binge and got ouboxed in the first fight and then TKO'ed in the rematch and subsequently comes out with some "new" training videos I'm wondering if you that would be seen as an evolution. Or would it be more like a confirmation of things you felt you already knew.

Just being a little obtuse man re: TC - as far as Wilder... yeah it's never over, guys can always improve
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-23-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X