Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Fury-Wilder, Broner, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Fury-Wilder, Broner, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul, glovegate in Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III, the Shakur Stevenson vs. Floyd Mayweather, reflecting on Adrien Broner, the career of Nonito Donaire and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“At this point it’s not much Wilder can say. He needs to deliver on July 24th. I love the fact that he’s going for the 3rd fight. I don’t know why everyone is upset with him. Let’s see if he can pull it off. At least he’s not shying away from it. He’s running towards a man, who really hurt him bad. Either he’s crazy or he knows something. I’m interested....”

Well said bread, well said. If he had spoken his army of bigoted haters would have thrashed what he said because of his Alabama accent and his lack of vocabulary. Since he was silent, they thrash him for that. The man can’t win with the politically and nationalist driven “fans.” There is a strange energy coming out of the U.K. from the casual type fans, the sweet carolines, regarding wilder. It’s odd, I don’t recall a truly disgusting person like Kovalev getting all this hate. I don’t recall even fury getting this hate after failed drug tests and horrendous comments about gays and Jews which was literally pulled directly from “the Protocols….” Makes you wonder exactly why they hate him so much
    Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

Top article. I don't think it's the greatest win ever if Pacquiao beats Spence. Spence is outstanding but I mean, he ain't no Leonard, Hearns or Robinson.
      Last edited by Liondw; 06-19-2021, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Quality mail bag. Good questions and topics by the posters and good responses by Bread. It was good to read some on Hurd, McKinney, Mike Jones and Randall Bailey.

The Pacquiao/Spence conversation is intriguing. Pac and his team think there's something they can exploit in Spence's game but Mikey Garcia thought the same and was proven wrong. I'm ambivalent on Spence as a fighter (neither like or dislike) but I give him props for going to the UK to get the belt from a game Kell Brook in his own backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Top article. I don't think it's the greatest win ever if Pacquiao beats Spence. Spence is outstanding but I mean, he ain't no Leonard, Hearns or Robinson.
          Can you think of any other fight where a guy in his 40s beat an undefeated top 3-5 p4p guy in his prime? I can’t. But it’s a moot point because pac isn’t winning this fight. He’s getting beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            “At this point it’s not much Wilder can say. He needs to deliver on July 24th. I love the fact that he’s going for the 3rd fight. I don’t know why everyone is upset with him. Let’s see if he can pull it off. At least he’s not shying away from it. He’s running towards a man, who really hurt him bad. Either he’s crazy or he knows something. I’m interested....”

Well said bread, well said. If he had spoken his army of bigoted haters would have thrashed what he said because of his Alabama accent and his lack of vocabulary. Since he was silent, they thrash him for that. The man can’t win with the politically and nationalist driven “fans.” There is a strange energy coming out of the U.K. from the casual type fans, the sweet carolines, regarding wilder. It’s odd, I don’t recall a truly disgusting person like Kovalev getting all this hate. I don’t recall even fury getting this hate after failed drug tests and horrendous comments about gays and Jews which was literally pulled directly from “the Protocols….” Makes you wonder exactly why they hate him so much
            bc he talks all kinds of trash b4 and after fights..claims to b the “baddest man on the planet” and besides a cuban senior citizen- has literally nothing but tomato cans on his record. Claims to b the hardest punching hw in history..but cant ko a Fat Gypsy in 19 rds - Prime Foreman would of destroyed Fury within 5 rds. Cant take a loss like a man and comes up with endless pathetic outlandish excuses - the initial one being a “too heavy pre-fight costume. Saying he wants to kill a man in the ring..so endearing to fans and casuals. Dances after knocking down an overmatched can…And this clown is supposed to praised and exalted by hardcore and casual fans…

Comment

I'm so glad Tim Bradley said that he was having trouble staying awake during the Shakur Stevenson fight. That removed the racial aspect from it.

Boring is boring. This wasn't a case of picking on a black fighter just because of his race.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I'm so glad Tim Bradley said that he was having trouble staying awake during the Shakur Stevenson fight. That removed the racial aspect from it.

Boring is boring. This wasn't a case of picking on a black fighter just because of his race.
                That fight could have cured global insomnia….

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  When you think about it in its entirety it is about the best win ever. Whether spence is a srl, or Hearn s is a mute point and irrelevant

Comment

absolute... fkn... gold !!

I am gonna say it...

breadman Edwards... is the best read in boxing, bar NONE !!

there, I said it

now I will sit back and read comments from posters who... 1) insist that they know better... 2) immediately prove (in the very next sentence) that they do not... which is also a very good read LMAO

casual-fans don't know, what they don't know... they could take the opportunity to learn... but, they will not

casual-fans = they know enough, to think they are right... but do not know enough, to know that they are wrong... funny shlt !!

I know more about this game than most of you guys put together... and yet, I learn something every week from that man... he has tuned insight

take the opportunity to learn something, you muppets... YES... he was right, and you are wrong... /discussion

Comment

Working...
                    X