Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Backs Wilder To Beat Fury, Says Americans Need To Root For American Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i root for americans, but not the ones who have a clear hatred of the country except when they want you to root for them of course. and even when they say that, they usually just mean im rooting for the black guy. i dont want to hear anything about patriotism from anyone representing "da culta"
    nba, nfl and lot of boxers no longer welcome on the tv in my store or at my house
    I have no ears I have no ears likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
      Supporting a fighter based off of anything other than skills & in ring capability is one of the biggest problems in boxing.
      I have to disagree, you support/root people because you care about them or like them & it's no different for a fighter.

If we only support people who are deserving, there will be divisions between families. We acknowledge those who are deserving, we don't have to root for them. If Spence said fury wasn't great, then that would be one of the biggest problems in boxing(because it would mean he doesn't acknowledge fury)

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
        spence knows wilder is the key to haymon and pbc surviving. if they can't fix fury to play soft, wilder will go down the toilet and take all of pbc with him. pbc and haymon have no big stars to sell who can command huge money.

boxing is a star driven sport and america has no big money stars now. spence ducking Crawford is part of the reason. fraud weather ducking the Pac rematch also damaged the sport's integrity. fraud weather showing cowardice over and over has shamed the sport considerably. fraud weather was the worst face of boxing the sport ever had, and ever will have.
        How do you guys come up with these stuffs? I find this amazing, really amazing, how humans come up with these stuffs, comment sections everywhere filled with this kinda stuff(quora seems like the only exception)

It's interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Let me help you out there, it’s even more frowned upon with African-Americans support African-American fighters. That downright enrages the weak minded. It’s fine when any other group gets tribal and supports their own….Mexican-Americans, British, Nigerians, Filipinos, Australians, Argentines, Boricuas, germans, Russians, etc etc it’s all good. But when the African-Americans support their brethren, our comes the alt right coded phrases like “race baiting”, “racist”, “ldbc”, “playing the race card”, “victimhood”……as we say in Salford, “chatting shyte.”
          Im with Spence, support your countrymen and your volk. Just like when Mexican Americans support mexicans and British support “British boxing.”

EDIT: and let’s get something straight. I served in the US Army, I took an oath several times in two careers, both times to the US Constitution. Of course I would support the fighters of my adopted country that I’m a citizen of now. There are folks back home in the U.K. who support their own just because, without ever having spent time at the two way rifle range. So yes, I’m fine with tribalism what I am not fine with is tribal fans telling other fans they can’t be tribal because it offends their mental fragility.
          Bro....I was following until you mentioned Nigerians in that list.....truth be told, blacks hate blacks and that has always been the case(it's everywhere)....it seems ingrained

Comment

Originally posted by Walexhris View Post

Bro....I was following until you mentioned Nigerians in that list.....truth be told, blacks hate blacks and that has always been the case(it's everywhere)....it seems ingrained
            That is the oddest statement I have ever seen…..

Comment

No one should be compelled to root for anyone. If you want to root for someone because they're black, white, "American" w/e go ahead. But don't act like others have to as well.

Collectivism isn't good. Individualism is.
              kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
                Errol Spence is Republican! Who is he to tell fans who to root for. Next thing you know he’ll say he’s against wearing masks in public to protect at-risk individuals and kneeling in support of mistreatment to minorities.
                So his being Republican offends you? And in your world being Republican must come with the other stuffs, I think he wore a mask in his face off with Danny

Let's says he's actually against wearing masks, so what?......if covid was as big a wolf as it was made out to be, Africans should be extinct by now. " But, Dem still deh ball"
                In a nutshell relax, don't shut another human up, because your views differ, there's enough room for all

Comment

Yeah America never really worked that way when it comes to sports, Spence knows that especially living in Texas. People are very "Tribal" and they tend to root for a guy that is from their City and/or State and of course based on Ethnicity, Family Background too

Only during the Olympics do you see Americans Root for Americans! Yeah it would be NICE if Americans Supported Americans just like Brits Support Brits and Mexicans Support Mexicans and so on and no it is not Racist or WRONG for Americans to support Americans when everybody else seems to do it and it is called "PRIDE" when others do it. When Americans do it we seem to always get called "BIAS" or "RACIST"

It is like the Fanboys on Boxing Scene who are the biggest Fanboys but will make threads Claiming other people are Fanboys. So rooting for your own is only OK if you're NOT American I guess?

Come Olympic Time of course it is USA all day and we want to walk away with the Most Medals and Most Golds every time. However with Boxing, I like fighters based on Skills in the Ring regardless where he is From. Proud American but I was a HUGE Fan of Lennox Lewis and remember being the only one rooting for Lennox while most of my Fellow Americas was rooting for Michael Gant, Holyfield, Tyson and all those guys to beat him. I just liked Lennox style and that incredible Jab and didn't care where he was from
                  Last edited by sicko; 06-15-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Lol, don’t just support a piece of sht because he’s from your country. Have some standards please.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      No one should be compelled to root for anyone. If you want to root for someone because they're black, white, "American" w/e go ahead. But don't act like others have to as well.

Collectivism isn't good. Individualism is.
                      Hmmmm...twas hard to argue with this at first, especially since I'm a fan of Jordan Peterson....but after careful examination, I don't think Spence is promotion a group think ideology, I don't think rooting for your kind can be considered an ideology, it's how we are supposedly wired and frankly speaking, a deviation is considered an anomaly(this becomes apparent when the immediate family is taken as case study)

It's really hard to push the principle of individualism to the extreme, think of Spence statement as a campaign instead(think elections)

​​​​​Lastly, if Spence was talking about supporting known criminals because they are kinsmen that would be something......

Comment

Working...
                      X