Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Backs Wilder To Beat Fury, Says Americans Need To Root For American Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EJ needs to realize that people in this country aren't going to root for certain American boxers with the "wrong" complexion. It's a dream at this point.

Comment

I dont support back stabbing liars no matter where they are from. The man made 7 excuses as to why he lost and accused Fury of cheating with no evidence, threw Breland under the bus again with no evidence. Admits to having a trainer who has no idea how hands are to be properly wrapped. I do not support people who are this stupid and have zero integrity.

Comment

We all know spencer isn't going for wilder off patriotism. Just say cause he black spency
        Szef Szef Fact Fact petero petero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
          spence knows wilder is the key to haymon and pbc surviving. if they can't fix fury to play soft, wilder will go down the toilet and take all of pbc with him. pbc and haymon have no big stars to sell who can command huge money.

boxing is a star driven sport and america has no big money stars now. spence ducking Crawford is part of the reason. fraud weather ducking the Pac rematch also damaged the sport's integrity. fraud weather showing cowardice over and over has shamed the sport considerably. fraud weather was the worst face of boxing the sport ever had, and ever will have.
          They’ll just keep making money off Pacquiao as they’ve been doing lmao

Comment

It's not so much the American/non American and its Definitly not the black/white. It's MUCH more the ridiculous excuses that Wilder made after the fight and him blaming everybody else except himself for me. Blamed the commission, his conermen, The gloves, the outfit, ect. He could never just say"Fury was the better man that night". BJ Flores

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Let me help you out there, it’s even more frowned upon with African-Americans support African-American fighters. That downright enrages the weak minded. It’s fine when any other group gets tribal and supports their own….Mexican-Americans, British, Nigerians, Filipinos, Australians, Argentines, Boricuas, germans, Russians, etc etc it’s all good. But when the African-Americans support their brethren, our comes the alt right coded phrases like “race baiting”, “racist”, “ldbc”, “playing the race card”, “victimhood”……as we say in Salford, “chatting shyte.”
              Im with Spence, support your countrymen and your volk. Just like when Mexican Americans support mexicans and British support “British boxing.”

EDIT: and let’s get something straight. I served in the US Army, I took an oath several times in two careers, both times to the US Constitution. Of course I would support the fighters of my adopted country that I’m a citizen of now. There are folks back home in the U.K. who support their own just because, without ever having spent time at the two way rifle range. So yes, I’m fine with tribalism what I am not fine with is tribal fans telling other fans they can’t be tribal because it offends their mental fragility.
              Since when has anyone had a problem with African Americans supporting African Americans? It wouldn't make sense for them to all support white fighters ffs. Most of Floyd's fans are African American and no-one has a problem with that, where do u get your ideas? Also stolen valor is a crime buddy, stop with your made up stories oldskoolf*g
              Sid-Knee Sid-Knee buge buge like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                Youtube BERNARD HOPKINS what happened when UK fans saw him - EsNews Boxing
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsK6qt9BOQ
                you'll find similar things for Ward, Floyd, Tyson etc .. (Shannon Briggs is practically a UK institution) on youtube anyone not currently with Al Haymon because those fighters mostly only fight other LDBC'ers in the States so no one cares about them.

If you want credit as a boxer fight everyone from around the world ... instead of worshipping at the feet of Al Haymon.

Says the brexiter who worships young Edward Hearn…..and there you have it folks, this is the hypocrisy of the alt right

Comment

You know how many dip****s there are here in America? I would never root for someone just cause they're American. What do I share with him, paying taxes? I can understand if maybe someone is from your hometown, you share an upbringing of sorts then maybe associating with them based on that.

I find Wilder's ring persona annoying, his handling of defeat was abominable, and anyone that classifies themselves as "your king" I mean, give me a break.
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked buge buge like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Nothing wrong in "Rooting" for your own. But there is a difference in doing that and picking them to win just because they are from where you are from. I don't pick a fighter to win based on where am from, i root for a British fighter most of the time but it doesn't mean i pick them to win when i know they have no chance. Few exceptions i picked against Ricky Hatton when he fought Mayweather because am a TBE stan and i know Hatton had no chance, I pick Canelo over BJS and was rooting for him because i like Canelo.
                    This is bang on point, I always support the British fighters but would never bet on them unless I knew for a fact they were a level above there opponent, which rarely happens with British fighters admittedly, the most recent fight I was confident enough to bet on was the Taylor Ramirez fight and that very nearly backfired

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Nobody likes Spence because he's a drink driving dickhead.

Dude was lucky not to kill someone when he got drunk and crashed his Ferrari at 150mph.

F*** him, i hope Manny batters him.
                      We all make mistakes buddy, I'm sure if u had that amount of money at that age u would be a fkn saint
                      OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X