Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Want Anything To Do With Thurman, He's A Cornball, I Can't Stand Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't blame him at all. The level of ducking that Thurman did when he could have had that fight would have put anyone off.

Comment

• This is recycled game played in the sport of boxing. Thurman used to beg for fights
      when he was new to the game like harassing Malignaggi, and Danny Swift years later.
      Then came Errol Spence expecting everyone in his side of the street to fight him
      after beating Kell Brook. He just can't stand his fellow PBC fighters refusing to fight him.
      Yeah, Thurman was his first target after getting his title. Unfortunately, Thurman was just not up to it.
      Last edited by genrick; 06-15-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
        This is recycled game played in the sport of boxing. Thurman used to beg for fights
        when he was new to the game like harassing Malignaggi, and Danny Swift years later.
        Then came Errol Spence expecting everyone in his side of the street to fight him
        after beating Kell Brook. He just can't stand his fellow PBC fighters refusing to fight him.
        Yeah, Thurman was his first target after getting his title. Unfortunately, Thurman was just not up to it.
        But we are talking about the present.

Thurman wants all the smoke now and Spence says he too corny.

What kind of lame excuse is that lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I get it, I just don’t like it lol. Just say some **** like how you’re focused on becoming undisputed. Thurman will be retired by then
          I agree. Seems pretty damn petty imo. I much rather him get paid to beat up on Keith. I do wish they Keith did more to force Spence's hand but he seems resigned to rest on his laurels and resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

But we are talking about the present.

Thurman wants all the smoke now and Spence says he too corny.

What kind of lame excuse is that lmfao
            I think it's more than that. If the fight made sense, I think Haymon gets it made. But considering he's about to fight Manny who beat Thurman and that we want to see the undisputed fight with Bud, Thurman really doesn't fit into the equation at the moment.

Comment

• I don’t blame Spence

Comment

• Funny excuse from Spence, but it’s whatever. After barely scraping by Porter, Spence isn’t about to hand a guy like Thurman a shot. It’s on Thurman, one of my favorite fighters, to put himself in a position where that fight is attractive.
                John Locke likes this.

Comment

• The worst thing for any fighter over 30 is inactivity. Thurman needs to fight.
                  I like Pac but I think if Thurman would have fought one more time after Lopez, he would have dominated the 40 year old Pacquiao.
                  mgame likes this.

Comment

• I don't believe in fighters 'ducking' eachother, that's all casual fanboy talk, but it's funny how people are making excuses for Spence not wanting to fight Keith for whatever reason, I remember when everybody in the division was 'scared' of Spence, including the big dogs like Thurman, Porter and Danny. I think people see now that if Uncle Al would've put Spence in there with Thurman when he was a bit green, there's at least a 50-50 chance he would have lost. Perspective is very important.

I doubt we ever see that fight now and it's not as intriguing because of all the injuries and inactivity from Keith. I don't think he's got the eye of the tiger anymore, he's a family man now and that's good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post

So whats the point. He only ducked him for 2 years not 3? Give me a break.

Regarding your hypothetical matchup with Floyd and Thurman. Think about it like this.

Between a prime Thurman and a shot Berto, Floyd chose the easier fight of the two.

Something to think about.
                      ————-
                      How could he be ducking Thurman when he was busy fighting PAC, Maidana x2 and Canelo?

You’re still missing the point I’m agreeing with you about fighting Berto instead of Thurman. He should have.
                      To say he “ducked Thurman for years” is just not true. After beating Canelo, Maidana and PAC, Floyd should have fought Thurma for his last fight in 2015.
                      Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X