Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponce Was Shocked Fight Continued After Ritson's Corner Threw in Towel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised he did it given the way the fight had been going and you virtually never see the towel declined, but he did not seem to be in mortal peril when it was thrown in, as I recall he'd just got a bit of distance, you don't normally see towels thrown in at that point either. Ritson was objecting when he thought it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Well if it's up to the referee's discretion it does matter what he thinks. Not like the corner seems too upset about it in the dressing room post-fight. Like myself and others have said if the corner was really so concerned why didn't they climb the apron and jump in front of Ritson and take the DQ? I know that's what I'd do if I was concerned for my son's safety and they wouldn't stop the fight.
      They were probably too shocked? They probably never seen that sort of thing before? There is a reason why the ref was explaining himself. It wasn't at his "Discretion" the corner have a right to stop the fight, which they did by throwing in the towel. You don't need to get on the ring to prove anything or get in the ring. You throw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

They were probably too shocked? They probably never seen that sort of thing before? There is a reason why the ref was explaining himself. It wasn't at his "Discretion" the corner have a right to stop the fight, which they did by throwing in the towel. You don't need to get on the ring to prove anything or get in the ring. You throw in the towel.
        In UK corner does not have the right to stop it by the towel (ref is from there BTW) and I posted a link of same thing happening where commentators explained this.

Comment

Working...
        X