Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: To Be Honest, I Didn't Really Like My Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No current boxer gets hit less. Call him boring, but he won't be drooling in 15 years

Comment

I think this tall guy was in his space for a lot of the fight and he didn't like it.

Had that guy been more sturdy and offensive, it could have been a real fight. Someone with similar straight right hand to the body....it got me thinking maybe Navarette might be able to do something - in the end SS is probably too big and sharp for him but I think it would be a good fight. There also be plenty opportunities for SS to be be offensive and take advantage of Navarette's awkward habits. Other good fights in his dvision too, hope it's a logical fight next

Comment

Is it bad that I was more entertained watching their feet than them boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by blowblow View Post

he's imitating his idol floyd.. and that's the outcome.. instead of becoming a good defensive fighter.. he becomes more of a boring fighter.. he should know that by now.. following floyd's footsteps will not do any good.
          Floyd was boxing’s biggest star and made a zillion dollars. The difference is Floyd would have gotten this guy out of there in 3 or 4 rounds. Floyd knocked out guys who were border line hall
          of famers, this guy was a complete nobody.

stevenson definitely wants to be Floyd, he just isn’t doing it right.

Comment

Boring fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

No matter who They match him with, it's going to be boring. Stevenson, Haney, Andrade are boring because they choose to be boring, they have to fight like that because it's the only way they can win, as soon as they engage or mix it up, these guys know they will get knocked out. Because they are boxers and not fighters who choose to box but have more than boxing skills. All these guys have are boxing skills and nothing else to resort too like a top level boxer who can fight and box.

That's with anyone tho. If anyone slugs it out that have a chance at getting knocked out. There aren't many fighters past, present or future that haven't hit the canvas or been rocked. Skills pay the bills but the steeper the competition the less knockouts you will see. That's just high level combat.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                No current boxer gets hit less. Call him boring, but he won't be drooling in 15 years
                Nobody is going to watch him fight like this for 15 years.

Comment

We had two monitors on everyone focus was on the Nate Diaz fight.

Comment

He is boring, but the same goes to Mayweather at 147.

Point is, boring fighters are dominant, many times.

Comment

Nobody did.

I'll tune into your 'fights' maybe in a few years and see where you are at. I don't see you going anywhere fast. When Bradley (the House Shill) can admit he almost fell asleep during your match, with Dre nodding, you know you are not going anywhere. Pathetic boxer, you really aren't that skilled, either. Skills with no heart and killer instinct suck.

Shakur isn't it, neither is Haney.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-14-2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X