Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Warns Fury: Wilder a Murderous Puncher, Doing Things Right With Scott

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight is intriguing... Traditionally the rematch goes to the winner of the first fight more than not. As far as changing, getting better, someone mentioned Hatton. Well, a boxer puncher (like Hatton) depends on a lot of skills, to make things work in the ring, it would take a lot to improve even marginally in technique for such a fighter because there are so many aspects to his game... footwork, handspeed, head/body movement, etc. If I recall Hatton was trying to learn to box a bit more...when in fact what made Hatton a phenominal fighter when he upset Zoo, was his fast feet, aggression/smothering and inside game... none of which did he ulitmately maintain when his father decided Ricky should become a humper to protect his goose egg (I do believe he was undefeated after Zoo?).

But Hatton is a great contrast and cheers for bringing him up to compare with Wilder who is not a boxer puncher at all, but a primo, grade A, made in Murica, USDA certified... Pure Puncher! Wilder is phenominal because he is athletic enough and has taken a page out of the playbook of Haye and Martinez as an ambush predator. Dwyer mentions this strategy and it is relatively new, and made for a puncher: It involves staying in the fight, even away from your opponent except when launching at attack. Wilder has done this well. To me the best example of this is the two Ortiz fights. Ortiz gets downgraded in these here parts... the man is Cuban gold... a boxer puncher with a puncher's punch, wily, experienced, great fundamentals, and a killer finisher. Wilder showed that he can stay in the fight with Ortiz who looked superb their second fight, and still get off his punch.

Which brings me to a point I have made repeatedly here on the boards; Wilder does not have to learn anything much with Scott... If all his trials and travails with Scott give him two more chances to crack Fury it is well worth it... If Scott can teach Wilder defensively to move his head, keep his hands up, stay in the fight and not back up (move off line instead) then Wilder will be a lot better. Fury is an incredible fighter. he loops his punches and can be lazy with his jab, both opportunities for Wilder if he learns to stay in the fight and not go into a defensive mode.

meanwhile the Gypsy King needs to snap his jab and keep Wilder backing up constantly. its not going to be easy to do so especially if Wilder can stay in the fight, angle off and counterpunch. Look at how he did Ortiz that second fight... It was not really a true counter punch, because Ortiz had already completed the punch, but by staying with ortiz Wilder got a chance to return fire. Ortiz is smaller than Fury... proably why Scott wants Wilder to look at the body, not a bad idea really. I think Fury wins, but its going to be a fight IMO. i think Fury will get buzzed at times and have to do what he did against Wallin. Most people didn't like Fury's effort for this fight, but I think it was superb. he stayed on Wallin, smothered him and kept hitting him with jabs. he made sure Wallin was moving backwards at all times. He needs to do this with Wilder.

Comment

Wilder and Fury are both Klowns.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        This fight is intriguing... Traditionally the rematch goes to the winner of the first fight more than not. As far as changing, getting better, someone mentioned Hatton. Well, a boxer puncher (like Hatton) depends on a lot of skills, to make things work in the ring, it would take a lot to improve even marginally in technique for such a fighter because there are so many aspects to his game... footwork, handspeed, head/body movement, etc. If I recall Hatton was trying to learn to box a bit more...when in fact what made Hatton a phenominal fighter when he upset Zoo, was his fast feet, aggression/smothering and inside game... none of which did he ulitmately maintain when his father decided Ricky should become a humper to protect his goose egg (I do believe he was undefeated after Zoo?).

But Hatton is a great contrast and cheers for bringing him up to compare with Wilder who is not a boxer puncher at all, but a primo, grade A, made in Murica, USDA certified... Pure Puncher! Wilder is phenominal because he is athletic enough and has taken a page out of the playbook of Haye and Martinez as an ambush predator. Dwyer mentions this strategy and it is relatively new, and made for a puncher: It involves staying in the fight, even away from your opponent except when launching at attack. Wilder has done this well. To me the best example of this is the two Ortiz fights. Ortiz gets downgraded in these here parts... the man is Cuban gold... a boxer puncher with a puncher's punch, wily, experienced, great fundamentals, and a killer finisher. Wilder showed that he can stay in the fight with Ortiz who looked superb their second fight, and still get off his punch.

Which brings me to a point I have made repeatedly here on the boards; Wilder does not have to learn anything much with Scott... If all his trials and travails with Scott give him two more chances to crack Fury it is well worth it... If Scott can teach Wilder defensively to move his head, keep his hands up, stay in the fight and not back up (move off line instead) then Wilder will be a lot better. Fury is an incredible fighter. he loops his punches and can be lazy with his jab, both opportunities for Wilder if he learns to stay in the fight and not go into a defensive mode.

meanwhile the Gypsy King needs to snap his jab and keep Wilder backing up constantly. its not going to be easy to do so especially if Wilder can stay in the fight, angle off and counterpunch. Look at how he did Ortiz that second fight... It was not really a true counter punch, because Ortiz had already completed the punch, but by staying with ortiz Wilder got a chance to return fire. Ortiz is smaller than Fury... proably why Scott wants Wilder to look at the body, not a bad idea really. I think Fury wins, but its going to be a fight IMO. i think Fury will get buzzed at times and have to do what he did against Wallin. Most people didn't like Fury's effort for this fight, but I think it was superb. he stayed on Wallin, smothered him and kept hitting him with jabs. he made sure Wallin was moving backwards at all times. He needs to do this with Wilder.
        Zoo? Wtf is Zoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

Zoo? Wtf is Zoo?
          Kostya" Tszyu Sorry dyslexia makes it so I always jump at the chance to use a nickname, especially if it is a short one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthteller View Post
            I am still confused on how beating Wallin, Schwartz, Pianeta and Seferi make Fury the best heavyweight out there. That's like someone saying 1+1+1+1= 20. It doesn't add up. Also, if Wilder is overrated, then why does beating Wilder once make Fury the best? Wilder and Fury are both frauds who ducked unification with AJ to fight each other. Remember that. And I also think Wilder wins this trilogy fight because Fury has been celebrating for a year.

wtf ???

beating Klitschko - who had not lost for more than a decade... and beating Wilder 2x... is what makes Fury the best heavyweight on the planet

Joshua ducking Wilder, and losing to a bowling ball... are also relevant factors in that equation

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

wtf ???

beating Klitschko - who had not lost for more than a decade... and beating Wilder 2x... is what makes Fury the best heavyweight on the planet

Joshua ducking Wilder, and losing to a bowling ball... are also relevant factors in that equation

Correct what a clown post this guy made, makes you almost look like less of a bish. But not quite...

Comment

Comment

Sorry wilder you cant have every fight like this:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Good post this. Well thought out analysis that you present. I don't necessarily disagree with anything you wrote. I would say -- the advantage Fury has is that his reach is slightly more than Wilder and his reactions are quicker (and obviously just better boxing skills, but Wilder's power has been known to trump boxing skills alone). Wilder is at the age where his reactions might be getting just a tad slower, so I don't see any inversion of Fury's ability to chip away at Wilder. The real battle ground is -- as you say -- if Fury can get Wilder consistently backed up as he did in the second fight. Despite what happened in the second fight, it will take a lot of nerve for Fury to go for it again, being on top of Wilder constantly, though it is undoubtedly the right strategy.
                    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      I'm in split mind who i want to win this one.

If Fury wins. He's more likely to fight Joshua, but we'll never see Joshua-Wilder.
                      If Wilder wins. All 3 fighters are still in play, but Haymon likely blocks any further fights with the other 2.
                      I see you're one of the ones that thought tyson fury was actually going to step into a ring with Anthony Joshua.....that's ok poor thing....we all make mistakes...try not to make that mistake again. I told everyone 6-8 months ago that fury/Joshua would NEVER TAKE PLACE because I know the amount of character folks like tyson fooey have.....ZERO. Lets live and learn

Comment

Working...
                      X