Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I'm A Lot Faster Than Billy Joe Saunders, My Defense Is Better, I Punch Harder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    Plant is right on all his claims. Will it be enough to beat Canelo? Probably not, but that doesn't mean he isn't right in saying what he said.
    Finally someone who sees the obvious

Comment

The only ELITE thing about Caleb is his feet and they won’t be enough to win.

Comment

Plant’s telling the truth, I don’t think he beats Canelo necessarily, but I think with his skill set he presents the most difficult challenge Canelo for Canelo among the super middles.
        Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
          Plant is right on all his claims. Will it be enough to beat Canelo? Probably not, but that doesn't mean he isn't right in saying what he said.
          I don't see any reason to think Plant's defense is better than BJS. Both Truax and Uzcátegui were able to hit him and neither one of those guys are that skilled. Saunders went 12 with David Lemieux, who has real power.
          batista84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMalenko View Post

I don't see any reason to think Plant's defense is better than BJS. Both Truax and Uzcátegui were able to hit him and neither one of those guys are that skilled. Saunders went 12 with David Lemieux, who has real power.
            Agreed, Saunders made a fearsome puncher hit nothing but air in 12 rounds, pesonally that display to me is one of the most beatiful and dominant performances I've ever seen on a boxing ring against a hard puncher, now, Lemieux was never world class, he was never a top guy but the dude could put anyone out with a good shot at middeweight, you still has to respect that power, not anyone can put an ice cold performance like BJS did back then.

I just don't see it, reading a lot of guys on the comment section, one of them I bet points which I never do to back up his talking, Plant beating Alvarez will require more than just his "sweet skills".

Still will be a techincal fun fight, just crossing my fingers no politics stuff gets in the way of happening.

Comment

It's more his weight class than BJS but that is really the only thing that might put him over BJS to me - I like Plant and often talked him up when he was nobobdy but I'm just not seeing it, he hasn't really made the jump I might have expected....really only Uzi and old Truax, that's not high profile or high stakes. Saunders also did not have the elite wins but he had fights with pressure; on the road title fight, or prospect vs prospect...high stakes type fights with loud crowds. More than happy to be wrong though, I thought Saunders would be a better fight. Hard to say that now though as it ended "prematurely" so maybe Plant does better. Canelo is a force right now though
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-10-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                If Plant has the fight of his life he is more than capable of winning this. It will require a whole lot of guts and extreme conditioning though. He has the ability and although he may not be known as a power puncher he definitely can get a fighters respect with what he has. I'm patiently waiting for this one to happen.
                I think Caleb Plant has the ability to pose problems stylistically for Canelo but he has to sign on the dotted line first. Once he does that, we can talk more about his chances of winning.

Comment

I think Sanders has a better gas tank then Plant. Canelo will take over in the late rounds and possible stop him.

Comment

Very broad comparison: BJS is southpaw version of Caleb with more knockouts.

Respectfully to each ones style.

Jose said he didn’t feel any pop from Caleb.
                    I was a bit turned off when Caleb decided to sit out until the Canelo fight. Something about that idea (same with BJS) seems like they are already defeated before the fight. Like they are already adapting there energy and fight to Canelo vs working on your own strengths and weaknesses.
                    I have a feeling Caleb with take the Callum Smith approach and play it safe. Similar to the last rounds of the Jose fight.

Comment

I'm not to sure about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X