Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I'm A Lot Faster Than Billy Joe Saunders, My Defense Is Better, I Punch Harder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    Originally posted by batista84 View Post
    It's gonna be fun in the next 3 months trying to to convince myself that Plant has a better shot of beating Canelo than BJS had.

Plant is what I would call an orthodox slick fighter, BJS is an ankward slick fighter, I do think Canelo will have definitely a much easier time trying to time Plant than he had trying to time BJS.

Plant only got two things: a good jab, a good left hook.

His left hook is gonna be innefective when Canelo starts pummeling that arm like he did with Callum's and when Plant realizes either two things, his left hook will land but make no damage or his left hook will be innefective because it won't land.

I love Plant's jab, very accurate, long and consistent however I don't think it has enough pop to make Canelo's hesitant, Alvarez will probably walk forward blocking and parrying that jab and trying to time it so the moment Plant doubles it up or triples it Canelo will counter with either a left hook to body/head or right hook to the body, he can even get creative in there to try to counter with a stiff quick jab.

Now, Plant is open to the overhand right as we've seen in the Truax fight, if Plant gets caught with that shot which I got no doubt he will, he will start walking back without knowing what to do.

Guys, Mayweather was an elite fighter, he outboxed the **** out of you and he demanded respect but he did not inspire fear, Canelo is bringing fear on this guys because they know a counter can hurt them, GGG admited that he couldn't expose himself against Canelo because he knew what was coming back, Jacobs felt it, Kovalev felt it, Smith felt it, BJS felt it.

There is always a chance Plant's beats Canelo, this is boxing, żDo I see it? Absolutely not, I can't be sure if it will be a stoppage thou, but one thing I'm 99% confident is that Canelo is gonna beat him without a doubt.
    Couldn't have broken it down and said it better myself so I won't. Agree 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolg
    replied
    Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

Intersting matchup and I agree with the jab comment. Size does matter, the kid who just fought Floyd had enough weight behind his jab to keep Floyd from unleashing combos early in the fight (yes, part of that may have been Floyd trying to get him to gas out).

Also, Goossen has been around long enough to know what to look for (very very important)... Can Caleb execute, time Canelo, can he survive Canelo's offence. Canelo added some interesting footwork in his last fight but, he still needs to consistently get inside Plant's reach without suddenly getting unplugged with a blind, lucky or well timed shot like Manny vs Marquez.
    Nice. Good read. Another intersting variable is how does Canelo deal with the footwork of plant and can Canelo muscle a much bigger potentially stronger man.

Leave a comment:

• nino brown21
    replied
    Ku so now no excuses when he loses lol .

Leave a comment:

• Since1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Plant is right on all counts and to add he is the superior athlete and is a natural super middle who probably should be fighting at light heavy. He is not a Jr middle who moved up to super middle. And contrary to what the casuals think, he does hit hard enough to keep anyone off him. This is an intersting matchup as Canelo is a counter puncher who likes for his opponents to come after him aggressively. He does not like to face pure boxers. The jab will be the key for the much larger and stronger plant
    Intersting matchup and I agree with the jab comment. Size does matter, the kid who just fought Floyd had enough weight behind his jab to keep Floyd from unleashing combos early in the fight (yes, part of that may have been Floyd trying to get him to gas out).

Also, Goossen has been around long enough to know what to look for (very very important)... Can Caleb execute, time Canelo, can he survive Canelo's offence. Canelo added some interesting footwork in his last fight but, he still needs to consistently get inside Plant's reach without suddenly getting unplugged with a blind, lucky or well timed shot like Manny vs Marquez.

Leave a comment:

• Dakuwaqa
    replied
    I like Caleb Plant. He’s a cool dude like me. He’s got some skills too. He ain’t beating Canelo but it will be a fun fight

Leave a comment:

• Robi13
    replied
    This guy is so delusional and entitled and it baffles me how someone so trash can try to act so flamboyant because that’s all this is just an act, I can’t wait till canelo whips some humble pie into this fraud!

Leave a comment:

• Chrismart
    replied
    I'm not to sure about that.

Leave a comment:

• Jwil20
    replied
    Very broad comparison: BJS is southpaw version of Caleb with more knockouts.

Respectfully to each ones style.

Jose said he didn’t feel any pop from Caleb.
    I was a bit turned off when Caleb decided to sit out until the Canelo fight. Something about that idea (same with BJS) seems like they are already defeated before the fight. Like they are already adapting there energy and fight to Canelo vs working on your own strengths and weaknesses.
    I have a feeling Caleb with take the Callum Smith approach and play it safe. Similar to the last rounds of the Jose fight.

Leave a comment:

• Pete16
    replied
    I think Sanders has a better gas tank then Plant. Canelo will take over in the late rounds and possible stop him.

Leave a comment:

• whollisboxing
    replied
    Originally posted by Get em up View Post
    If Plant has the fight of his life he is more than capable of winning this. It will require a whole lot of guts and extreme conditioning though. He has the ability and although he may not be known as a power puncher he definitely can get a fighters respect with what he has. I'm patiently waiting for this one to happen.
    I think Caleb Plant has the ability to pose problems stylistically for Canelo but he has to sign on the dotted line first. Once he does that, we can talk more about his chances of winning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X