Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Mayweather-Paul PPV is Projected To Generate at Least 1 Million Buys Domestically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by djtmal View Post

I disagree I believe it is what I said it is.

Floyd's definitely good at marketing himself yup he's still a commodity, but the truth is the phone gets picked up when there is a low/no risk high reward proposition on the table, and its doesn't get picked up for any other reason.

Again, if "smart investments" are supposed to keep him out of the ring because of his health, why doesn't he turn down these "exhibitions", and why all the excuses when he supposedly doesn't need the money. Why all the excuses (he's old/only trained a couple days a week) when he can't get a non boxer out of there. Excellence is promised but these days it is not delivered on if you can't get a total non boxer out of there.

And don't look now, but you have a fighter from his generation still beating top fighters, so the jury is still out on whether he is the undisputed best.
    Of course you disagree because it’s Floyd.

He’s retired, that’s why. You’re also dead wrong-Canelo and his fans and Manny fans like you are desperate for a rematch now because he’s old. You want to beat him that bad-lmfao.

simple as to why he takes these fights- He’s a promoter. It takes resources to promote. Last year his main revenue streams didn’t make money because of COVID-19. So he is using the main commodity- himself- to generate revenue. Is it that hard to figure out?

the jury isn’t still out because he beat that guy easily and he retired. His era is past. We’re on to the Canelo era.

What top fighter is he beating- The guy that had 1 fight- a MD win over a gatekeeper- in 2 years and hasnt fought since?

That qualifies as a top guy?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-10-2021, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

The betting line was initially set at a 3 million over or under. You said NO ONE was predicting 3 million buys. I also showed you where Floyd said he would pull down over $100 million for this fight, did he think that was going to happen unless the fight could sell close to 3 million PPVs? You act as though I'm just pulling that number out of my ass. It was floated around by several sources to include Floyd himself.
    Great, you found a dumb over/under of 3M!

Yet you had threads on this site asking if Mayweather/Paul sells more than Spence/Pacquiao. Is anyone expecting that fight to do more than 3M?

If you are basing this fight being a disappointment because of that over/under, then go for it. But that is just stupid and unrealistic. I wish you would have posted those odds before the fight as I'm not even a betting man and I would have put quite a bit money on that. There was no way in hell this was going to be the third biggest PPV of all time. Hilarious.

And if Mayweather truly believed he was going to make a 100M off this fight? Then again sure, but this is a man that has had damn near 20 PPV fights. He's not a fool and knows what he was going to make.

Leave a comment:

• HewJohnson
    replied
    Logan Paul claims he made $20M.

Floyd claims he made $100M.

The ppv was only $49.99 and sold approximately 1M buys, apparently…

Somebody is fooking lying. LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• sicko
    replied
    Like I posted in another thread just days ago that they're going to say "Over 1 Million" but we will NEVER know the official numbers. If Showtime is happy with the numbers and no money was lost and they gained more subs and "Upticks" for their APP and Youtube page (which they did) then that is really all that matters for them I'm sure

Just annoying to me as a hardcore boxing fans that the only way Pro Boxing can Break Million in the U.S. is with a youtuber. Spence vs Pacman is not going to do anything close to 1 Million, same with Fury vs Wilder III
    Last edited by sicko; 06-10-2021, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

what it is -Floyd beat everyone he needed to to prove he is the best of his generation. The reward for that is opportunities to earn money in these type of events.

You, like a lot of other posters, are mad these opportunities are not given to the guys you like.

Why? Because these opportunities validate the opinion that Floyd is the best of his era.

casual sports Fans want to see excellence. That is why Floyd has sold more than any other fighter. That bothers people like you.
    I disagree I believe it is what I said it is.

Floyd's definitely good at marketing himself yup he's still a commodity, but the truth is the phone gets picked up when there is a low/no risk high reward proposition on the table, and its doesn't get picked up for any other reason.

Again, if "smart investments" are supposed to keep him out of the ring because of his health, why doesn't he turn down these "exhibitions", and why all the excuses when he supposedly doesn't need the money. Why all the excuses (he's old/only trained a couple days a week) when he can't get a non boxer out of there. Excellence is promised but these days it is not delivered on if you can't get a total non boxer out of there.

And don't look now, but you have a fighter from his generation still beating top fighters, so the jury is still out on whether he is the undisputed best.
    Last edited by djtmal; 06-10-2021, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joseph5620
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Not surprised. I think most people employing common sense predicted this.

Now we have to get the obligatory spamming where posters that hate Floyd claim the number is fake or some other nonsense.
    Yep. You nailed it.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

LOL, act smarter than everyone else here? No, never....Do I know numbers and what these fights do more than most? Absolutely.

So because of THIS article you think the promotion or SHO thought they were going to generate over 3M buys? Ha!!!! Again, that would be the THIRD biggest PPV of all time. Bigger than Mayweather vs Oscar or Mayweather vs Canelo or Conor vs Khabib. Get real!

Floyd can say what he wants, there was no way in hell he was getting 100M. I'm sure he made good money off sponsors, but 100M? Joshua and Fury likely were not getting that for their fight. Let's live in reality for a moment.
    The betting line was initially set at a 3 million over or under. You said NO ONE was predicting 3 million buys. I also showed you where Floyd said he would pull down over $100 million for this fight, did he think that was going to happen unless the fight could sell close to 3 million PPVs? You act as though I'm just pulling that number out of my ass. It was floated around by several sources to include Floyd himself.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Lets just call it what it is. Floyd only made low risk high reward fights when he became the a side, now its strictly no risk high reward fights.

If he was so afraid for his health by climbing into the ring, why keep doing it when you are supposed to make a ton of money with these smart investments.

Insert Floyd excuse here:___
    what it is -Floyd beat everyone he needed to to prove he is the best of his generation. The reward for that is opportunities to earn money in these type of events.

You, like a lot of other posters, are mad these opportunities are not given to the guys you like.

Why? Because these opportunities validate the opinion that Floyd is the best of his era.

casual sports Fans want to see excellence. That is why Floyd has sold more than any other fighter. That bothers people like you.

Leave a comment:

• KingOfGlory
    replied
    These numbers prove that PPV is not dead. The current guys just don't capture the imagination of paying customers. Canelo and Fury against the right opponent but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• bballchump11
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I think this price point should be what networks go with in North America. They would sell more at that price point. Instead of charging 80 dollars for mediocre match ups like Davis v Barrios.
    It's all about price elasticity. Getting the most amount of viewers doesn't always equal the most revenue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X