Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Mayweather-Paul PPV is Projected To Generate at Least 1 Million Buys Domestically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Why don't you stand out the front of a movie theater and tell them they are fools because they bought a movie you didn't care for, see how long it takes to get smack in the mouth, does it register just how naive this idea is, seriously you boys are so closed-minded its not funny its actually sad to think so much of today's youth think this brain dead way.

I rang a good friend who went to it and he said apart from the rain he had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed himself, he went to see the spectacle of the event, see the celebs and known fighters and he said he wanted to see Floyd box for probably his last time, this forum needs to grow the fck up.
    I'm just saying it bombed over here as the subject is about how many PPV's it sold. calm down.

And yes, anyone who paid for this is an idiot. Idiots are usually happy in their ignorance and the haze of smoke that exists in their head. It's why "Fools and their money is soon parted" is such a famous saying. Because it's true.

Leave a comment:

• djtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

you didn’t give valid reasons.

he isn’t scamming the public. He’s retired and fighting exhibitions. Why that bothers you so much is hilarious.

Generating revenue doesn’t mean you’re desperate for money. Only because it’s Floyd.

prime? He had fought once in 2 years and hasn’t fought since. That is prime? Lmfao only because it’s Manny.

He wasn’t the man at ww. He had a belt and was inactive, and looked weak against a gatekeeper that is why Manny fought him. You know it too.

This is why I ask you to use objective criteria when making these evaluations and precisely why you will not.
    What bothers you is Manny beat Floyd's protege Broner. He beat the guy Floyd ducked in Thurman. Who is in his prime and was the man to beat at welterweight despite how you are trying to play him down, and he is fighting another guy Floyd ducked out of the division, er retired to avoid fighting in Spence. The guy Floyd got a taste of in the gym and decided it was better to be his friend.

Floyd is just following the strategy he always followed. Retire or vacation when the welterweight division has some real good fighters in their prime that are legit threats. Except now he's not looking too good against total bums with no boxing experience.

Last edited by djtmal; 06-11-2021, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Just as I suspected. An uninformed, bigoted idiot. Carry on...
    Exactly what part of my statement was uninformed or bigoted? He didn't know how to sit in the back of the police car. They gave him plenty of chances. He caused his own death, the liberal media sensationalized it and caused the country to burn.

Leave a comment:

• pasawayako
    replied
    so many people watch floyd couldn't beat a youtuber. so sad.

Leave a comment:

• HewJohnson
    replied
    Floyd’s fortune is draining much more quickly than he had planned for. If you don’t notice this, it’s because you are a flaming f l 0 m0.

He cannot sustain the lifestyle and bills he has without big paychecks he’s used to getting from fighting, simply put.

Like I said, Logan Paul claims $20M
    Floyd claims $100M.

This fight did 1M PPV buys at $49.99 a pop.

Somebody is FOOKING lying.
    Last edited by HewJohnson; 06-11-2021, 06:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by djtmal View Post

I disagree because I disagree and I gave valid reasons why.

I didn't ask for a rematch. Floyd is a low to no risk fighter. I highly doubt he risks rematching Canelo or Manny. He'll stay "retired" until they find another non fighter to scam the public with. Maybe the next guy will have at least one win on his record.

So now was Floyd desperate for money or what because when 50 cent publicly said he needed to fight again due to lack of money Floyd vehemently denied that, now you are saying he needed to fight because he lost money due to Covid. Maybe you, 50, and Floyd should do a conference call so you can be on the same page.

Manny beat prime Thurman the man to beat at ww and more importantly the guy Floyd ducked. Beat prime Porter and Garcia to become the man. Thats how its supposed to be done. Is not Manny's job to be concerned over how many times he fights or how he treats his injuries or none of that. He was the man @ ww, Manny beat him and thats that. Unlike Floyd who wants full credit for beating shopworn guys coming off a good performance.
    you didn’t give valid reasons.

he isn’t scamming the public. He’s retired and fighting exhibitions. Why that bothers you so much is hilarious.

Generating revenue doesn’t mean you’re desperate for money. Only because it’s Floyd.

prime? He had fought once in 2 years and hasn’t fought since. That is prime? Lmfao only because it’s Manny.

He wasn’t the man at ww. He had a belt and was inactive, and looked weak against a gatekeeper that is why Manny fought him. You know it too.

This is why I ask you to use objective criteria when making these evaluations and precisely why you will not.

Leave a comment:

• SweetPbfAli
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

People were burning it down because a felon drug addict didn't know how to sit still in the back of a police car after committing a felony crime.
    Just as I suspected. An uninformed, bigoted idiot. Carry on...

Leave a comment:

• Motofan
    replied
    A million people who will never watch boxing again.

Leave a comment:

• djtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Of course you disagree because it’s Floyd.

He’s retired, that’s why. You’re also dead wrong-Canelo and his fans and Manny fans like you are desperate for a rematch now because he’s old. You want to beat him that bad-lmfao.

simple as to why he takes these fights- He’s a promoter. It takes resources to promote. Last year his main revenue streams didn’t make money because of COVID-19. So he is using the main commodity- himself- to generate revenue. Is it that hard to figure out?

the jury isn’t still out because he beat that guy easily and he retired. His era is past. We’re on to the Canelo era.

What top fighter is he beating- The guy that had 1 fight- a MD win over a gatekeeper- in 2 years and hasnt fought since?

That qualifies as a top guy?
    I disagree because I disagree and I gave valid reasons why.

I didn't ask for a rematch. Floyd is a low to no risk fighter. I highly doubt he risks rematching Canelo or Manny. He'll stay "retired" until they find another non fighter to scam the public with. Maybe the next guy will have at least one win on his record.

So now was Floyd desperate for money or what because when 50 cent publicly said he needed to fight again due to lack of money Floyd vehemently denied that, now you are saying he needed to fight because he lost money due to Covid. Maybe you, 50, and Floyd should do a conference call so you can be on the same page.

Manny beat prime Thurman the man to beat at ww and more importantly the guy Floyd ducked. Beat prime Porter and Garcia to become the man. Thats how its supposed to be done. Is not Manny's job to be concerned over how many times he fights or how he treats his injuries or none of that. He was the man @ ww, Manny beat him and thats that. Unlike Floyd who wants full credit for beating shopworn guys coming off a good performance.

Last edited by djtmal; 06-10-2021, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

It's all about price elasticity. Getting the most amount of viewers doesn't always equal the most revenue.
    And getting the least viewership at a high price doesn’t necessarily mean you maximise your revenue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X