Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder III To Be Announced At Press Conference Tuesday In Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    This is why this is such a big fight, both fury and wilder are polarising characters. One an Irish traveller from England the other a black American from rural Alabama, both groups known to face immense bigotry in their lands, one a big classic hit and not get hit boxer the other an athletic one punch ko artist, the fight is surrounded in race (and race sells, Holmes v Cooney proved that), ultranationalism, it just had everything a boxing match needs to illicit passionate responses. And it’s the final fight in a trilogy....unless Wilder wins....
    Thats a great post! Very good insight, this is one of the things that makes boxing as regular and special as the change in seasons. You just do not see many dukes of Windsor, or corporate honchos competing for the glory, they never needed to, never will need to. Even the Paul Brothers are truly (I say this in a kind paternal way) a cringe... obviously they are not well healed kids who went to boarding schools lol.

The difference between " a chance" boxing gives one, and the lottery, is that the lottery is really not only slim to none, but takes personal effort out of the equation. Both opportunities are slim, in both there are liars and cheats at hand... the government takes a good deal of all lottery winnings (plus the tickets)... Promoters take a great deal for very little... But given a choice, if you have the skills I would take boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Fury tested clean for both fights, as did Wilder.

Fury doesn't need peds to beat up a bum like Deontay.
      Not for the rematch; They didn't have a random VADA Olympic Style Drug Testing protocol.

Comment

Fury should enter the press conference in a 40 lbs suit and then start shadow boxing...

It’ll finish Wilder off mentally

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post

Because he did. Where have you been the last 15 months? Fury did everything he could to avoid this rematch and failed. On July 24th, you're going to find out why...
          Avoided a rematch with the guy he fought a few months after coming off a 150lbs weight loss and 3 year drug binge ?

That alone tells you Fury doesn’t rate Wilder, never mind avoiding him lol.

Why did wilder go silent for six months last year and refuse to answer fury every time he was being called out on social media asking where he is and when’s the fight?

Wilder hasn’t got the minerals to beat Fury. He was petrified in the dressing room before the fight last time, pacing up and down. It won’t surprise me if he runs out the backdoor before ring walk next time. He will mentally fold before he gets in the ring.

infact, I think he pulls out within the next few weeks. He doesn’t want it. Probably just a petty way of not letting AJ v Fury happen as soon as it should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Avoided a rematch with the guy he fought a few months after coming off a 150lbs weight loss and 3 year drug binge ?

That alone tells you Fury doesn’t rate Wilder, never mind avoiding him lol.

Why did wilder go silent for six months last year and refuse to answer fury every time he was being called out on social media asking where he is and when’s the fight?

Wilder hasn’t got the minerals to beat Fury. He was petrified in the dressing room before the fight last time, pacing up and down. It won’t surprise me if he runs out the backdoor before ring walk next time. He will mentally fold before he gets in the ring.

infact, I think he pulls out within the next few weeks. He doesn’t want it. Probably just a petty way of not letting AJ v Fury happen as soon as it should have been.
            Dream on. Fury is going to be punished, he's going to be brutalized, and then he's going to sleep.
            Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

It’s a good looking card from what I’m hearing. I’m looking forward to it. Fury and Wilder are a couple of duck jobs but they are entertaining. Fury has shown he is leagues above Wilder but Wilder has shown it takes 1 big shot and it can be a full game changer.

Comment

Will Deontay do his fake laugh again when Fury says he'll knock him out in the press conference?
                eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

One side is excited about the trilogy, the other is worried.
                  Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

When has Wilder ever given someone a "systematic beatdown?"

Wilder gets soundly outboxed by bums, as if he could ever beatdown a master boxer like Fury.

You and champion4ever live in a alternative reality, but don't worry, you'll see Wilder get beaten like a rabid dog yet again on July 24th. I just hope that Fury doesn't end up killing him.
                    I wasn't a big believer in Fury after their first fight. Fury eeked out many rounds he won and it wasn't as dominant as everyone portrayed. HOWEVER, he learned how to dominate Wilder in the 12th round after he got up from that knockdown. Come at him, make him fight backwards, and pressure him. He carrried over that same 12th round style into the rematch and absolutely schooled Wilder. I can't imagine he won't fight that same style in the third fight. Wilder likes to hang back with the right hand cocked and unleash it at some point, and like you said does very little and loses rounds in the process. He never was a whirling dirvish like Mike Tyson. Fury will get all over him from jump street and Wilder will be lost again and crumble under the presssure.
                    Last edited by Tman500; 06-09-2021, 01:49 PM.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
                      Will Deontay do his fake laugh again when Fury says he'll knock him out in the press conference?
                      Shouldn’t you be asking wilder and not other fans? How would we know?

Comment

Working...
                      X