Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: UFC Fighters Don't Have Fair Pay - F--k Dana White!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Knees and kicks to the head of a grounded opponent were allowed in Pride FC when Cro Cop (a world class kickboxer in his prime at the time) got KTFO by a 5'9 Ohio State wrestler. He also got soundly outstruck by Fedor in the same org.
    I heard you had to fight a gauntlet in one night in those kumite tournaments controlled by the Japanese Yakusa who made the participants take dives and there was no drug testing, surely those wrestlers were on the juice. The rules were always changed, the whole Pride FC was a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
      Dana made one good point if you were paid all that money would you get in a cage.
      The more money goes into boxing the less willing they are to fight .. unfortunately, though I don't begrudge them a penny.
      Being paid more is more of an incentive to fight. What awful logic.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        I heard you had to fight a gauntlet in one night in those kumite tournaments controlled by the Japanese Yakusa who made the participants take dives and there was no drug testing, surely those wrestlers were on the juice. The rules were always changed, the whole Pride FC was a farce.
        EVERYONE was juiced to the ****ing gills there. There was fixed fights (as there is everywhere) but nothing that had anything to do with making wrestlers look good over strikers.

Also, kicks/knees to downed opponents just further empowers the wrestler more than anything. The chances of someone stopping a takedown with kicks/knees are a lot lower than the dominant grappler taking someone down, working their way into side control or north/south and dropping knees to their head pretty much at will.

You just dont wanna give these MMA guys any credit lol.

Comment

EVERYONE was juiced to the ****ing gills there. There was fixed fights (as there is everywhere) but nothing that had anything to do with making wrestlers look good over strikers.

Also, kicks/knees to downed opponents just further empowers the wrestler more than anything. The chances of someone stopping a takedown with kicks/knees are a lot lower than the dominant grappler taking someone down, working their way into side control or north/south and dropping knees to their head pretty much at will.

You just dont wanna give these MMA guys any credit lol.
          I dont know man, I seen this street-fighting Mexican KO Jake Paul's recent opponent Ben Askren with a flying Thai knee and left him stiff like gnome statue, when Ben tried his gay wrestling moves on him. I think Jake Paul's exhibitions have more credibility than the whole Pride FC ; rules will be consistent and the fight is under the purest rules for combat, the Marquess of Queensberry rules.

Pride FC made the rules as they went along, sometimes on a fight by fight basis, like when Royce Gracie demanded a no time-limit fight against a Japanese wrestler ; the dirty Brazilian was later proven to be a PED cheat.

Comment

I dont know man, I seen this street-fighting Mexican KO Jake Paul's recent opponent Ben Askren with a flying Thai knee and left him stiff like gnome statue, when Ben tried his gay wrestling moves on him. I think Jake Paul's exhibitions have more credibility than the whole Pride FC ; rules will be consistent and the fight is under the purest rules for combat, the Marquess of Queensberry rules.

Pride FC made the rules as they went along, sometimes on a fight by fight basis, like when Royce Gracie demanded a no time-limit fight against a Japanese wrestler ; the dirty Brazilian was later proven to be a PED cheat.
            Ben is an anomaly at the higher levels of MMA at this point, in terms of versatility and athleticism. Also Usman dominated Jorge with wrestling after that and then knocked him out standing in the rematch. You aint gonna be stopping takedowns with flying knees very often, which is why it got so much attention when it happened.

What does "wrestler" even really mean in MMA these days anyway? there werent that many one dimensional wrestlers at the top of the sport even 20 years ago never mind today. Most of the top fighters have layers to their game.

Comment

Ben is an anomaly at the higher levels of MMA at this point, in terms of versatility and athleticism. Also Usman dominated Jorge with wrestling after that and then knocked him out standing in the rematch. You aint gonna be stopping takedowns with flying knees very often, which is why it got so much attention when it happened.

What does "wrestler" even really mean in MMA these days anyway? there werent that many one dimensional wrestlers at the top of the sport even 20 years ago never mind today. Most of the top fighters have layers to their game.
              As stated, the strikers are handicapped by the UFC bias rules towards wreslters, that Mexican was worn-out by all that gay wrestling on the floor, and I hear that he ( Jorge ) is a show-off and drops his guard, like when he had his hands behind his back and still managed to KO Ben Askren. I'm not going to lie, I dont know who this Usman is, but Jake Paul would likely knock him out too.

Comment

As stated, the strikers are handicapped by the UFC bias rules towards wreslters, that Mexican was worn-out by all that gay wrestling on the floor, and I hear that he ( Jorge ) is a show-off and drops his guard, like when he had his hands behind his back and still managed to KO Ben Askren. I'm not going to lie, I dont know who this Usman is, but Jake Paul would likely knock him out too.
                The rules are not biased towards anything in particular. Grappling is just extremely effective at negating stand up and has been since the beginning even when there were virtually no rules, theres no substitute for actual takedown defence. And again, there arent many MMA fighters these days that can be called simply "wrestlers" anyway, Khabib was about as close as it gets as far as the elite level.

And you're underestimating the physicality of the grappling stuff, that **** is rough.
                Last edited by TMLT87; 06-05-2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X