Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: The King is Back, I'm Stronger Than Ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: The King is Back, I'm Stronger Than Ever!

Nonito Donaire is champion once again. Fourteen years after he won his first world title, the "Filipino Flash" cemented his Hall of Fame credentials with a sensational fourth-round KO win over Nordine Oubaali to capture the WBC world bantamweight title Saturday night in the Showtime televised main event from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very proud of this young man and what he had done and it couldn’t be happening to a more jolly fella. Happy to see that the Filipino Flash is again added to the list of American champions. Schaefer had himself a great talent there and it looks like more cards with Ringstar and PBC will be happening. Would like to see a voluntary defence on FOX

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Very proud of this young man and what he had done and it couldn’t be happening to a more jolly fella. Happy to see that the Filipino Flash is again added to the list of American champions. Schaefer had himself a great talent there and it looks like more cards with Ringstar and PBC will be happening. Would like to see a voluntary defence on FOX
      Why? I want him to fight the winner of Casimero vs. Rigondeaux later this year!

champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Why? I want him to fight the winner of Casimero vs. Rigondeaux later this year!
        Why what?........

Comment

You were sensational. Old school, no nonsense beat down.

Comment

Can someone put this opponent into context for me please? I saw an undersized guy, looked like a kid at first glance. He's like my mom's height. Was he supposed to be a killer or something? Wasn't Donaire #1 ranked in the division behind the champion Inoue? I thought Donaire and Inou were the two best at that division and other fighters had to prove how good they are by fighting them?

Or is the hype just a championship belt thing? I thought Donaire was going to win this fight going in. I was confused as to why odds had him as the underdog.

I am genuinely asking, not shtting on Donaire. I like him, he's a very good fighter. But want some context as to why everyone is so surprised he won.
            garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Can someone put this opponent into context for me please? I saw an undersized guy, looked like a kid at first glance. He's like my mom's height. Was he supposed to be a killer or something? Wasn't Donaire #1 ranked in the division behind the champion Inoue? I thought Donaire and Inou were the two best at that division and other fighters had to prove how good they are by fighting them?

Or is the hype just a championship belt thing? I thought Donaire was going to win this fight going in. I was confused as to why odds had him as the underdog.

I am genuinely asking, not shtting on Donaire. I like him, he's a very good fighter. But want some context as to why everyone is so surprised he won.
              Having watched Ouballi a number of times, he was/is legit. I believe the rankings were Inoue, Donaire, Ouballi, Casimerro...which is fair. Donaire is very oversized for the weight though lol.

I thought Donaire would win. I didn't think that it would be as dominant a performance as it was until the second round when he started timing Ouballi. Eff Pandas had mentioned that Ouballi had a really severe case of Covid a few months back, so that could have also played a part.

I think people were mostly surprised because of his age. He looked amazing in the Inoue fight, but due to the pandemic, that was almost two years ago now, and guys seem to age faster in the lower weights. Donaire has enough ring IQ though, that he can just pick dudes off with his timing and counters. His strength is still there.
              Last edited by _Rexy_; 05-30-2021, 01:52 PM.
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

The Frenchman had fast hands as well, very quick hands...once the Filipino flash got his timing down with the counter left hook it was only a matter of time

Comment

The fly in the soup is, Oubaali is an old bantam himself. 36 years old and 17 fights is hardly a reign of terror. 12KOs puts him in the average range, but I still don't understand why he was favored.
                  Last edited by Corelone; 05-30-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Not strong enough for the monster I'm afraid . You broke his face , it still wasn't enough to put him down . He just kept coming with 1 eye and a broken face and put you on your ass .

Comment

Working...
                    X