Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: The King is Back, I'm Stronger Than Ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post

I saw a giant against a midget. Happy with nonito, not that impressed. Because the difference in size, experience and resume. I'd love to see him against Inoue again or, another old man, actually a little older than him.
    Oubaali was the champ. This was his third defense of the WBC title. Your criticism makes it sound like Donaire was cherry picking.

Comment

he beat another undersized midget. wow. who frickin cares!!!!!!!! tell this punk to stop avoiding rigo and fight him already. coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post

Oubaali was the champ. This was his third defense of the WBC title. Your criticism makes it sound like Donaire was cherry picking.
        who cares. donaire was easily 148-151 lbs last night. he is a weight bully.disgusting cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Hahahahaha, Nonito is actually born and raised in the Philippines. Can't you tell, he's an actual quality fighter who will fight anyone. So definitely not American. Haha.
          Second time seeing this guy say he's glad Nonito is part of the list of American champs.. weird. Isn't he a self hating Brit? Hard to get a read on him sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Can someone put this opponent into context for me please? I saw an undersized guy, looked like a kid at first glance. He's like my mom's height. Was he supposed to be a killer or something? Wasn't Donaire #1 ranked in the division behind the champion Inoue? I thought Donaire and Inou were the two best at that division and other fighters had to prove how good they are by fighting them?

Or is the hype just a championship belt thing? I thought Donaire was going to win this fight going in. I was confused as to why odds had him as the underdog.

I am genuinely asking, not shtting on Donaire. I like him, he's a very good fighter. But want some context as to why everyone is so surprised he won.
            Age n wt class.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Second time seeing this guy say he's glad Nonito is part of the list of American champs.. weird. Isn't he a self hating Brit? Hard to get a read on him sometimes...
              He's a Black American who uses British words to convince people he's a White Brit.

But he calls himself a Jew. And if you know what a lot of Black Americans are doing in the US with the "We are the real people of God and the true Israelites" Then you know. Trust me, they're f3cking crazy. The LDBC are full of them.

Comment

I always considered Donaire an American boxer TBH. He grew up in the states, and had US Citizenship right away since his grandparents were born in Hawaii. Not to mention he fought in the US National amateur system, and tried out for the US Olympic team before turning pro.

Same as how we consider Jean Pascal and Bermaine Stiverne to be Canadian boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I always considered Donaire an American boxer TBH. He grew up in the states, and had US Citizenship right away since his grandparents were born in Hawaii. Not to mention he fought in the US National amateur system, and tried out for the US Olympic team before turning pro.

Same as how we consider Jean Pascal and Bermaine Stiverne to be Canadian boxers.
                  Ah okay, yeah I didn't know he had citizenship, and that's all it takes. I'm not a crazy nationalist person who thinks you need to be born somewhere to be a citizen. I enjoy being wrong on this forum sometimes because I learn something new every time.
                  _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Ah okay, yeah I didn't know he had citizenship, and that's all it takes. I'm not a crazy nationalist person who thinks you need to be born somewhere to be a citizen. I enjoy being wrong on this forum sometimes because I learn something new every time.
                    All good. Hell, more old school people will consider someone to be from there just for "fighting out of there." so like, Beterbiev is Russian, but he fights out of Montreal. Gvozdyk is Ukrainian but he fights out of California. Linares is Venezuelan but he fights out of Japan.

And yeah, I knew he fought on the US Amateur team, but I didn't know his grandparents were born in the states until today. Kind of like how The Rock is a Canadian citizen because his father Rocky Johnson is from Nova Scotia .
                    Last edited by _Rexy_; 05-30-2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post

Why a fact should be considered a criticism? congratulations to nonito. But we all expected to see this result. If a young champ is expected to lose against an aging old champ, he ain't that good. The flash is not going to lose against a mediocre fighter. He's a HOF and has take on everyone. The guy fought Rigondeaux when the rest of the 122lbs were running away from the Cuban. I have the utmost respect for him. But he needed to fight this guy in order to force Inoue rematch. Lets not make this like he destroyed an elite fighter. He did what he was supposed to do, and did it well. Now lets face a real threat
                      Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X